Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Chevy Suburban Vents Under the Seat

Search this Thread

Old February 20th, 2011, 4:46 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile 2007 Chevy Suburban Vents Under the Seat

Hello,
I have a 2007 Chevrolet Suburban that I have noticed having some noises coming from under the seats for quite some time. This afternoon I was able to pinpoint the noises coming from the plastic vent that runs under the seat up to the console. It sounds like a marble or small ball in each one of the vents that probably my little boys dropped and they rolled up in there. Every time you turn a corner they roll from side to side and this is very annoying. The vents run flat under the seat then goes downward right in front of the seat and this is where they are hung up. I have pulled the carpet back and can not find a way to get them out without removing the whole console. I have tried a long magnet and also a shop vac and neither has worked. Has anyone every had any type of experience in this area? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chance
Old February 20th, 2011, 4:58 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

And to make matters worse, I think you have to remove the seats to remove the console. I suppose you could cut a piece out of the vent to allow retrieval of the offending object and then tape it back in place.