Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Engine Swap

Old March 3rd, 2016, 5:51 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Engine Swap

I was curious, if anyone has any info. please post. I have a 2002 Suburban 5.3l and really like that motor..no AFM. Is it possible to put that year motor in my 2007 which is complete garbage. Thanks
Old March 3rd, 2016, 6:22 PM
CF Active Member

This is not really the site where you'll find answers to that type of question, not many here have done that sort of thing. There are some good sites out there where you might find the answers your looking for? PM me and respond back to you with some of those. Know this though, changing motors to something that the truck didn't come with is always a chore and will require more than what would be needed for a like swap. Just saying.
Old March 3rd, 2016, 8:09 PM
CF Veteran

you'll have to get custom programming done, the 02 and 07 harnesses will be different and programming won't work.

Not worth the hassle in my opinion if you're really that worried about the AFM theres delete kits out for that.
Old March 3rd, 2016, 8:16 PM
CF Beginner

Yes he is right... You cannot swap them out... The 2007 is different from any other year... They changed everything on the 07s... Your best beat is to find a SS and and call it a day... To much hassle to do a job like that...
Old May 5th, 2021, 12:01 PM
CF Beginner

We have same issue- Need to swap 2007 Tahoe engine.We have a 2007 Tahoe LTZ 98,000 miles. Good Condition & Ran great till Engine 'Seized Up' Mechanic recommends Engine swap BUT not w a 2007 model Tahoe . (bec that was bad year for Tahoe engines - they say. )They are having a hard time finding s/one to make this complicated swap for us. New York Area. Anyone have experience/ advice w this ? Is it a crazy idea to do this at all? Thanks!
Old August 14th, 2022, 7:02 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Goldie Shulman
We have same issue- Need to swap 2007 Tahoe engine.We have a 2007 Tahoe LTZ 98,000 miles. Good Condition & Ran great till Engine 'Seized Up' Mechanic recommends Engine swap BUT not w a 2007 model Tahoe . (bec that was bad year for Tahoe engines - they say. )They are having a hard time finding s/one to make this complicated swap for us. New York Area. Anyone have experience/ advice w this ? Is it a crazy idea to do this at all? Thanks!

I Had to swap my engine out at 167k i went to jasper , got a remaned with out the fuel managment and the updated valve cover and the tuner to shut off afm in the ecm for around 5 grand

Search this Thread