Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Factory dvd NAV/Aftermarket screen

Search this Thread

Old February 10th, 2007, 5:17 PM
CF Active Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2007 Factory dvd NAV/Aftermarket screen

I have a 07 Tahoe with Bose, single cd. Ihave aaftermarketpanasonic Overhead Monitor/DVD combo installed.(CY-VHD9401U). The unit has two Video inputs andone video output. I had a hard time trying to find a factory overhead screen for my tahoe.

WhatI would like to do is to install a factory Navigation with DVD playpack. I know I would need the lock pick to unlock DVD playback whilein motion. Could I get a plug made thathas a rca outputso that I could output the DVD video from the DVD Nav to the aftermarket screen? The reason for this is that its easier to control the video up front for the kids sitting in the second and third rows. I know that the 2nd gen lockpick has a rca video input for the rear camera but i cant control the dvd from the nav screen using that method.

Thefactory installed Nav unit with DVD playback also has Aux Video and audio inputs on the rear audio/AC controls. If I install the Nav with DVD playback,is there some kind of module that goes between the nav unit and the jacks or could i just have some rcas audio/video inputs added to the plug. Also, how do you chose from AUX or DVD. Does it sence something connected or do you have to access a menu to switch modes?

This forum is great by the way. Thanks in advance
Old February 10th, 2007, 8:12 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts
Default RE: 2007 Factory dvd NAV/Aftermarket screen

Welcome to the forum.

The Nav/DVD has the Aux pick on the touch screen and the DVD controls come up when you insert the DVD. Not sure what type of connector the video output is but there are plenty of people on this forum that can .
Old February 10th, 2007, 9:35 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What size is the screen? I was pricing some today. Not too many options in circuit city. They only had three. I liked the 12.5". It would be around 1200.00 installed. Where did you get yours and who did the install and how much was it? Thanks..
Old February 10th, 2007, 10:44 PM
CF Active Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I paid 249.00 on ebay back in September of 2006, Iteven though itwas refurbished, it was packed in a sealed box from panasonic and everything looked perfect.I couldnttell a difference. I paid 175.00 to have it installed at a local shop. It has a 9inch screen. The screen size is just right i think. You can see it clearly even in the third row. It will play mostDVD backups too.( or all the backups that I have made using dvdXcopy)It has such a low profile thatIcan still see out my rear view mirror even when its fliped down. It also as a cool lighted blue trim that is around the base when its on. ( you can turn off the light in the menuif you want) The built in dome lights work justlike the factory ones and dim along with the others. I added a wireless FM modulator so i could hear it through the car speakers or wired headphones at the AC/rear audio controls but the wireless head phones that it came with work great.I was lookingatothers at circuit city, crutchfield, bestbuy and even the local shops but everything they havehasa cheap look and feel to it in my opinion. I would highly recommend this oneto anyone.