Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

DVD viewing on NAV screen in motion

Search this Thread

Old November 23rd, 2007, 8:57 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DVD viewing on NAV screen in motion

I just got my first Chevy, a 2008 Tahoe LTZ which is awesome. I am trying to figure out how to let my wife watch the same movie as the kids without her having to sit in the back with them when the car is in motion. In park it works but as soon as you put it in gear it turns off. I understand why but it would be nice for her. Everything is factory and it has the rear dvd overhead screen and navigation system.
Thanks.
Old November 23rd, 2007, 9:39 AM
CF Beginner

Default RE: DVD viewing on NAV screen in motion

Check out coastaletech.com search gen4 or gmx320
Old November 24th, 2007, 10:21 AM
CF Active Member

second the coastaltech. Its called a "lockpick" and there are a ton of posts on it...just do a search and you'll get all teh info you need!
Old November 24th, 2007, 11:46 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks. I checked out there stuff but it seems like overkill and alot of money for me since that is the only option I need. Is there a way to override the programming at the dealer. There are states that you can have the video on while in motion so I would guess that a dealer could do it.
Thanks again.
Old November 24th, 2007, 11:52 AM
Administrator

Received 158 Likes on 156 Posts

I doubt there's a dealer out there with that much liability insurance. Also doubt that they can do it anyway.
Old November 24th, 2007, 7:06 PM
CF Senior Member

ORIGINAL: goldenrod49

Thanks. I checked out there stuff but it seems like overkill and alot of money for me since that is the only option I need. Is there a way to override the programming at the dealer. There are states that you can have the video on while in motion so I would guess that a dealer could do it.
Thanks again.
If you're thinking the dealer can just slap this together for a few bucks or splice a couple wires to achieve this you're about to have a rude awakening. It is designed to keep you from watching a movie while you drive, there isn't a state in the U.S. that will let you do that with the very real possibility that you could crash and sue them or the dealer.
The lockpick may sound like overkill but I doubt you'll find a cheaper way to do it.If you do let us know cause we all want to know.
Old December 16th, 2007, 9:32 AM
CF Junior Member

I agree. The part was $349, but the other thing it does is allow you to enter NAV addresses while in motion. That's good so you don't have to pull over to enter addresses. Your passenger can do it while you are driving. You can also hook up one additional wire, and be able to see your rear view camera any time you want, by pressing two buttons.