Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 feels weak in overdrive on hills, vibration in overdrive

Search this Thread

Old October 2nd, 2012, 9:19 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 feels weak in overdrive on hills, vibration in overdrive

I have had my transmission replaced by a warranty company in my 2007 tahoe ltz. It was good for a while but now feels extremely sluggish on hills particularly in high gear or overdrive. It also has a vibration in overdrive under 40mph once above it is not noticible. Could this be the torque converter? Also when running in overdrive if i ever so slightly press the gas the vehicle kicks back down to third, like it wont pull hardly any in overdrive. Is this just because gearing is high.
Old October 5th, 2012, 1:54 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by snake91876
I have had my transmission replaced by a warranty company in my 2007 tahoe ltz. It was good for a while but now feels extremely sluggish on hills particularly in high gear or overdrive. It also has a vibration in overdrive under 40mph once above it is not noticible. Could this be the torque converter? Also when running in overdrive if i ever so slightly press the gas the vehicle kicks back down to third, like it wont pull hardly any in overdrive. Is this just because gearing is high.
couple different factors here. what is your speed when your barely touching the gas and it's downshifting? anything under highway speeds I would expect that...

the vibration could be the driveshaft out of balance, could be a wheel out of balance...

with it being a 07 I wouldn't be suprised if the trans is programmed sluggish for mpg...

:chug:
Old October 9th, 2012, 8:56 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by snake91876
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> snake91876,

"hicksvilleshick" offers some possibilities. Have you had the vehicle inspected for this issue? If you would like, PM me the last 8-digits of your VIN and I will check my resources for any known issue.

I look forward to your reply.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old October 13th, 2012, 3:41 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At that speed in hilly areas, you should push the button and stay out of overdrive.
We have a lot of 45 MPH here and alway s keep it out of O.D.
Its just lugging at that speed.

This is on an 2007 Tahoe.
Lee