Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 LTZ Maintance Time

Search this Thread

Old April 4th, 2011, 9:49 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 LTZ Maintance Time

New to this board, so Howdy!

i have a 07 ltz that just rolled over 65k miles. With spring upon us now, I figured it's time to take care of a few maintance things in the garage.

I'm a member of several other boards that concern Jeeps and rock crawling, and each forum has a vendor area that provide info on great aftermarket products for a individual vehicle.

My question is, I'm needing new brakes/rotors for this tahoe. I'll do it myself in the garage, but I'm wondering what everyone on this board replaces their OEM stuff with?

The tahoe is completely stock, nothing modified on it. I use it as a tow rig for when i trailer the jeep, and as a daily driver.

Also, what are some good things to check for with this milage? spark plugs? Tranny fluid flush? Radiator fluid flush? Diff fluid?

Finally, the rear window hatch washer fluid has stopped working? When I press the button, it sounds like the motor is pumping water, and the wiper works, just no water comes out of the hose. What could a potential problem be here? I haven't invistigated this problem yet, just tossing it out here to see if someone has a common solution.

Thanks
Old April 4th, 2011, 10:53 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Welcome to the forum

unless you are doing engine mods, going with OEM parts for tune ups and fluid changes is your best bet, using synthetic lubes can be of some benefit for longer change cycles...

Last edited by in2pro; April 4th, 2011 at 11:12 AM.
Old April 4th, 2011, 12:23 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got our transmission and dif fluid replaced at 57,000- I think 50,000 is the mileage for these so you should be ready.
I also am going to replace my brakes soon DIY. I do not need any extra brake performance so I will probably go with OEM products. BUt I will see what Tire Rack has for a similar price 1st.
regarding everything else check in the manual and you will be good to go.
Old April 4th, 2011, 2:15 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Yea?

Where are you from? I had a Rubicon on 35s and ran at Paragon (before it closed) and Rausch Creek... i also have a tahoe to use a tow rig...
Old April 4th, 2011, 11:34 PM
Administrator

Received 158 Likes on 156 Posts

Niceface: Welcome to the forum.

I'd use the owner's manual for service recommendations and plugs are supposed to be good for 100K mi.

Why do you need new rotors at 65K?
Old April 5th, 2011, 7:45 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SabrToothSqrl
Where are you from? I had a Rubicon on 35s and ran at Paragon (before it closed) and Rausch Creek... i also have a tahoe to use a tow rig...
From down in hoston. Current jeep is on 35's, locked, fully armored and caged in, geared, yadda yadda yadda. The list goes on forever. I'm over on Pirate4x4 under the same user name

Originally Posted by 73shark
Niceface: Welcome to the forum.

I'd use the owner's manual for service recommendations and plugs are supposed to be good for 100K mi.

Why do you need new rotors at 65K?
Thanks for the welcome! The previous owner had the car up until 40k miles. Between them and the wife driving it, and me towing with it, the rotors are starting to wear uneven i believe. I just started to notice it over the weekend, so i'm hoping to find a machine shop that will be able to turn them first and maybe just replace the pads.

I'll pull the tires this weekend in the garage and invistigate more!