Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 LTZ Polished wheels

Search this Thread

Old November 3rd, 2006, 2:52 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 2007 LTZ Polished wheels

The last time I was at In & Out Burger the photo of the product on the menu board looked a heck of lot more appealing than the burger I pulled out of the sack, but in the end it was still a pretty decent burger.
Old November 3rd, 2006, 3:34 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

WTF Dave, LMAO! So you think they market the wheels to look at little better than they actually do? False advertising?

Why dont you request your burger to be made exactly like the photo, that is what I do!

Lastly, is there really such thing as IN AND OUT BURGER, HAHAHAAHAHA. If there is I wouldnt be coming out, BECAUSE I AIN'T GOING IN TO BEGIN WITH!
Old November 3rd, 2006, 4:59 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A little off subject, maybe not...

I just got the 20" OEM wheels put on today and I noticed that the calipers don't match. My back ones are gray(unpainted metal) and the front are painted black. Are they all like that or just mine? I never noticed before because the 17" wheels hid the calipers.

Kevin
Old November 3rd, 2006, 5:02 PM
CF Active Member

ORIGINAL: ltzmego

So then how do we get the polished wheels to look like they do on the chevy website? Should I be a butthead and go back to my purchase dealer and ask them to swap rims out until they shine like they do here?

ltz polished wheels top row on right

Mine look more like the painted ones for the LT on the lower right. Very disappointing.

Any way to remove the coating and then polish the aluminum - or should I just go get them chromed?
I have a '04 Dodge Ram with 20" chrome wheels...actually they are aluminum wheels with a plastic "chrome" cover that snaps on over the wheel. Talk about disappointing, you pay for a $800 option only to find out it is a piece of plastic. There are a couple of good things about the plastic though. When I hit a curb and scratched my wheel, I just bought a new plastic cover and I had a brand new wheel again. And I use Windex to clean them.

Kevin
Old November 3rd, 2006, 5:52 PM
CF Active Member

ORIGINAL: ltzmego

So then how do we get the polished wheels to look like they do on the chevy website? Should I be a butthead and go back to my purchase dealer and ask them to swap rims out until they shine like they do here?

ltz polished wheels top row on right

Mine look more like the painted ones for the LT on the lower right. Very disappointing.

Any way to remove the coating and then polish the aluminum - or should I just go get them chromed?
Are there actually 2 different style wheels? One polished and one painted?
Old November 3rd, 2006, 7:31 PM
CF Veteran

Addkev, You had the chrome clad 20's and you replaced the chrome cladding??????
Old November 3rd, 2006, 7:32 PM
CF Addict

Wow 3 posts in a row, you're getting to be as bad as bglog.

The calipers are black front and natural color rear on all the GMT900's.

There are two different 20" wheels, one is polished the other is the same 20" wheel except painted silver, these painted wheels came about after 20,000 of the polished wheels were rejected by GM for having a finish that didn't meet spec.
Old November 3rd, 2006, 7:41 PM
CF Veteran

Just my 2c but I think most of the polished rims shouldn't have met the specs. You asked what to change. Just go with chrome next time. Oh wait that will cut into the aftermarket money GM is trying to get there hands on.

I also think $2000, and by the way the center cap isn't included, is a little much for GMs rim selection so maybe they won't get as much of the market as they think.

Venting over my rim polish too, sorry.
Old November 3rd, 2006, 8:13 PM
CF Addict

There is a difference between chrome and polished aluminum, I personally can’t stand chrome wheels, it’s just way too much bling-bling for me.
I like the subdued polished finish on my factory 20’s and if I did want them shiny I guess I’d just have them chrome plated it aint all that expensive.

FYI; the GM accessory 20” chrome wheels have a cost of $2,200.12 and this includes everything complete with 4 Chrome Wheels, 4 Chrome Center Caps, 24 Chrome Lug Nut Caps, 4 Goodyear Eagle LS-2 Tires, 4 Tire Pressure Monitors, Wheel locks, Mounting & Balancing and all documentation required by General Motors.
So it isn’t GM pricing this package out of the market, it’s whatever dealer that you're getting pricing from, if they’re too high find a dealer that’s more reasonable, the GM wheels are some of the highest quality money can buy.
Old November 3rd, 2006, 8:17 PM
CF Veteran

That is different than on GMs site. That would be reasonable and I guess you get 3/36 with them too, right.

Quick Reply: 2007 LTZ Polished wheels