Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 suburban 2500 Passenger seat

Search this Thread

Old May 14th, 2018, 7:15 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 suburban 2500 Passenger seat

So I've searched and can't quite find the answer or part I'm looking for. Should be fairly simple so I'm hoping to be pointed in the right direction.. My truck came no power seat on passenger side. Picked up a used passenger seat cheap but the connector was cut (probably while being removed). There are only 8 wires on this seat and 5 on the harness to the body. I've found the wire diagram, but I can't seem to find a male plug anywhere for this seat. I'm thinking of just wiring it up direct, but even if I do that how would I go about it? Colors on both match so pink would go with pink and green with green and orange with orange. But that's where I'm confused, because 2 wires on the seat are thicker than the rest (3 vs . 35) those are red W white stripe and black, so that would go to the smaller wires on the body harness red white and black white. But then that leaves me with 3 wires on the seat harness not connected, they are black white stripe, light blue and red white stripe. Do I marry the black and red wires (with the white stripe to there corresponding colors on body harness) then I'm just left with light blue on seat and nowhere to go on body harness? This truck has no heated options no seat memory (that I know of) and the seat doesn't appear to be headed as well. Any help would be appreciated. I've added a picture that I got off the internet and this helps but doesn't answer my questions.
Old May 24th, 2018, 8:06 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the help, So I was able to source a male plug but in my haste to connect I accidentally touched the red/white wire with the black wire and now I can't get the seat to move, any help on where the fuse is located? I checked the fuse underneath the drivers dash and that fuse is working. Did I fry the motor? I"ve connected the wires to my old seat that I removed and nothing still. Any help? I figure I'm asking no one in particular since last post went unanswered, but I'm bored at work and like talking to myself