Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Suburban Air Ride Suspension Diagram/Schematic

Search this Thread

Old May 22nd, 2013, 7:58 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Suburban Air Ride Suspension Diagram/Schematic

Longtime Chevy owner, but first time poster here. I have a 2007 Suburban LTZ, and my air ride suspension compressor just died. I got a replacement from Arnott and installed it last night. However, as I was rebuilding the dryer (the Arnott kit includes a dryer rebuild kit), I broke off the plug to the dryer. There is a little 3 wire plug into the dryer module. Does anybody know what this plug is for? I've been searching for a schematic or diagram of the system and haven't found one. As far as I can tell, the dryer is just to dry out the air before it goes into the compressor to extend the life of the compressor and air spring bags. Is the plug for some kind of sensor (moisture, flow, etc), or is it for a heater for the air?

The compressor seems to be working just fine, and the DIC is no longer displaying "Service Suspension System". I'm just trying to figure out if I need to spend another $60 to buy a new dryer from Suncore Industries.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old May 22nd, 2013, 4:35 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its a pressure sensor. The air ride can build a good amount of pressure, and this stops the pump if you have to car weighed down too much, so you dont blow a line or your shocks. Also, check your shocks for leaks. My compressor went back at 98k because the shocks didnt hold for nothin. Finally replaced a few months ago (120k) and now the back of the car rides beautifully. Got the Bilstein replacements, worth it. I can now tow again. Plus the new chocks look to be better quality than the OE ones.
Old May 22nd, 2013, 6:18 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Joe. Sounds like I should be fine driving on it while I am waiting on the replacement dryer as long as I don't carry any huge loads on it.