Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Suburban with rear access open message on dash

Search this Thread

Old December 18th, 2021, 5:19 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Suburban with rear access open message on dash

I need help solving an issue on my 2007 Suburban lift gate that is not power operated lift gate.
The Rear Access Open message comes on in the Message alert warning on the dash. Every bump causes doors to lock/unlock, alarm system to go off with headlights flashing on/off and the alarm beeps on/off.
First I fixed the button that opens glass on the rear hatch. Then I replaced the hatch latch assembly with an Aftermarket part.
Last, I had the BCM replaced/ reprogrammed thinking this would fix it.
I have read where replacing battery cables might fix it and also shimming the latch assembly with flat washers, which I have also recently done.
Please help me figure out what could be causing the alarm message to keep alarming. Occasionally I can shut both the glass hatch and then close main hatch and it stops, but sometimes it just keeps on ringing alarm, locks & headlights
Old December 19th, 2021, 7:00 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 166 Likes on 154 Posts

Full code scan of all 4 code families, not just P codes but also the B, C and U codes is a first step. Without a full scan it's all a big guess.
If no codes are set then take a ride without the remote fob with you and see what happens. Those fobs go bad all the time. The push button pads wear out and stick setting off the panic alarm and locking doors while in motion setting alarm off.
Old December 19th, 2021, 11:30 AM
CF Beginner

Default Ground cable

Could there be an issue with a bad connection with a ground cable causing this problem? I’ve had a mechanic check codes a few months ago and nothing showed up. Now I’m getting a message code concerning the traction control. It just seems like a loose connection somewhere because it is affecting different electronic alarms
Old December 20th, 2021, 6:58 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 166 Likes on 154 Posts

There are all kinds of grounds in the truck. Many under neath on the frame also. I believe there is one under the driver's side door onto the frame that can be an issue. Any black wire attached to the frame is a ground. Disconnect and clean thoroughly and coat with dielectric grease is a must.
Old August 17th, 2022, 2:27 PM
CF Beginner

Default Did this get fixed

[I have had the same issue - replacing things doesn't seem to be helping - Did this issue get fixed?