Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Superchips ? What is your programmer set on?

Search this Thread

Old January 28th, 2007, 1:36 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: 2007 Superchips ? What is your programmer set on?

I've had it a while now. I love it! I would have gotten it just for the tire size programming to keep my speedo/odo correct. The predator doesnt have tire size programming for our tahoes, YET!

THings you can do.

3 different power settings.
1. Stock 87 octane, still add performance but allows you to run 87!
2. Tow performance, premium fuel required!
3. Performance setting! Requires premium fuel also.

You can change the shift points from 1-2, 2-3, 3-4.
Ex: You can raiseeach shift point in increments of 50RPMs, or choose the superchips setting!

You can change the shift pressure for each gear shift also.
Ex: Raise each shift from 1PSI up to nearly 20, something like that. You can also choose the superchips setting for this.

You can change the electric coolingfan temp setting.
Ex: Leave it stock, and there are like 2 other settings that turn the fan on at cooler temps!

Change the tire size!

You can turn the rev limiter off, or leave it stock!

It allows you to turn off the speed limiter if you choose too.

I think that is about it. There are about a total of 12 options when programming it. I love it, i have had them on a few other vehicles and loved them all

I got mine used off ebay, $225. However, it seemed new. The plastic was still on the screen! I have seen them on ebay for around 350 free shipping. SOme of them have make best offer! I think this is about the best mod you can get. If you guys get them we can all play around with the settings and see what we think is the best set up! When i was a member of the dodge forum there were hundreds of guys that had them, threads 20 pages long on how they all had theirs programmed and how it worked out! I called superchips to ask what the superchips setting was, none of my previous tuners had this option! THey said it was not the HIGHEST setting, it was the setting that they thought created the best performance. WEll I tried it with everything set to superchips performance and wasnt that excited. I thought the previous settings i had it on worked better! ANyways, go buy them boys.

P.S. All the programmer details were from memory, I could be leaving something out but I dont think I am. You may try to find the details online for exact specifics.
Old January 28th, 2007, 2:05 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds awesome! I will look into it.
Old January 28th, 2007, 6:23 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK, so you are running premuim fuel? Any difference in gas mileage? Thanks.
Old January 28th, 2007, 6:37 PM
CF Addict

Nope, i set mine on performance 87 octance! Dont know about the fuel milage! I would say no! I drive with a lead foot and dont really worry about gas mileage. I know it is a thirsty vehicle. But compared to my last few trucks it is much better.

I do think the superchips may allow the engine to get into V4 mode more frequently! Let me know what you think of yours when you get it!
Old January 28th, 2007, 6:42 PM
CF Active Member

Will do. I may get a cold air intake first. Are you running one? If so which one. Im thinking of the volant. But I'm also partial to K&N. Undecided. I have a few pay checks to think about it.
Old January 28th, 2007, 6:46 PM
CF Addict

I had a volant. If I had to do it over I would go with the aftermarket GM, or the AEM is now out. I have had almost every brand intake and the AEM looks the best, IMO. Both the GM and AEM use dry filters. Here is the thread with pics and info on the Volant I once had!

https://chevroletforum.com/m_13649/tm.htm
Old January 28th, 2007, 7:33 PM
CF Active Member

So what happened with the volant? Why dont you have it anymore? Any links on gm or AEM? Thanks.
Old January 28th, 2007, 7:52 PM
CF Addict

The intake was too loud! We have a young son and with his movie going, the radio, and everyone talking it was too loud. I personally liked it, but the wife wears the pants and said it was annoying! If it werent the family vehicle I would have left it on.

Here is a link to the GM intake. I couldnt find pictures of it insalled. However I found some a while ago, but I dont recall where! http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-...spagenameZWD1V

From AEM's website. Product info http://www.aempower.com/ViewProduct.aspx?ProductID=1245

Picture and installation instructions of AEM http://www.aempower.com/images/produ...et%20Tahoe.pdf
Old January 28th, 2007, 8:03 PM
Administrator

Received 159 Likes on 157 Posts

Not sure but seem to remember that ZX had the GM CAI on his and had some pics of it.
Old January 28th, 2007, 8:09 PM
CF Active Member

If it being too loud was the problem, I may still go with the volant. I dont want the polished intake tubes that the other ones bring. My other car is a cobra and my family dont mind riding in it. And trust me that thing is much louder than the truck will ever be. Thanks.

Quick Reply: 2007 Superchips ? What is your programmer set on?