Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Tahoe 5.3L 4WD vibration while accelerating

Search this Thread

Old December 14th, 2014, 12:58 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is my issues and does anyone have any thoughts on this: My 14 Chevy Suburban purchased 3 weeks ago CPO at 28k miles w/still warranty + additionally purchased warranty. On or about 39 MPH to 50 MPH in acceleration and deceleration, there is tremendous vibration. This happens while in local streets to highway. Initially w/stock rims and tires - same issues. And, new 22 inch rim & high end Bridgestone tires - same issues. Took it to the dealer. Inital take in, mechanics have said there is no issues and this is normal. I took it back and requested have service manger test drive with me. He agreed that I have a vibration problem. Replaced Propeller shaft. Ironic that the service dept. have said all is fixed. 5 minutes after I drove off, the same issue occurred. They are having to contact GM engineer to fly in from Detroit to review it. Anyhone with any thoughts on this. The noise is so bad, I am speeding to hit the higher speed 50 MPH + and to slower my vehicle at 38 MPH below, thus creating a dangerous driving habit.
Old December 27th, 2017, 12:48 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jk2jksr
This is my issues and does anyone have any thoughts on this: My 14 Chevy Suburban purchased 3 weeks ago CPO at 28k miles w/still warranty + additionally purchased warranty. On or about 39 MPH to 50 MPH in acceleration and deceleration, there is tremendous vibration. This happens while in local streets to highway. Initially w/stock rims and tires - same issues. And, new 22 inch rim & high end Bridgestone tires - same issues. Took it to the dealer. Inital take in, mechanics have said there is no issues and this is normal. I took it back and requested have service manger test drive with me. He agreed that I have a vibration problem. Replaced Propeller shaft. Ironic that the service dept. have said all is fixed. 5 minutes after I drove off, the same issue occurred. They are having to contact GM engineer to fly in from Detroit to review it. Anyhone with any thoughts on this. The noise is so bad, I am speeding to hit the higher speed 50 MPH + and to slower my vehicle at 38 MPH below, thus creating a dangerous driving habit.
Did you ever get an answer on this? Having same issue with my 2013 suburban.