Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Tahoe air ride clarification needed

Search this Thread

Old April 22nd, 2016, 11:22 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Typerod
I just checked underneath my Tahoe, the rears did not have any air in them at all. I'll check them this weekend we are going on a trip and will be packed up with luggage etc. I have ~206K on the car, and it is still riding on the original struts. I'll check the fronts tomorrow and look for the connector you mentioned.

My 2003 Denali still rode like a dream, the bags had rotted away the pump had burned out long ago.

When I decided for the sake of safety and replaced with OEM shocks to replace the bad ones, she drove like new again.

I think our buttmeters get used to certain things over time.

Last edited by Scotiapilot; April 26th, 2016 at 11:29 AM.
Old April 23rd, 2016, 8:56 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Scotiapilot
My 2003 Denali still rode like a dream, the bags had rotted away the pump had burned out long ago.

When I decided for the sake of safety and replaced with OEM shocks to replace the hot fog ones, she drove like new again.

I think our buttmeters get used to certain things over time.
Thats true, maybe I have become accustomed to a bad ride, lol. So you replaced the bad, with new air struts? or did you just go with conventional struts?
Old April 25th, 2016, 5:55 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Typerod
Thats true, maybe I have become accustomed to a bad ride, lol. So you replaced the bad, with new air struts? or did you just go with conventional struts?
Conventional units. I didn't tow anything with it. it would have cost me a ton to get the system to work again.
If I had, I would have just replaced it with some air shocks.
Old April 26th, 2016, 6:44 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Scotiapilot
Conventional units. I didn't tow anything with it. it would have cost me a ton to get the system to work again.
If I had, I would have just replaced it with some air shocks.
Thanks!