Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Tahoe Breakdown

Search this Thread

Old July 31st, 2019, 3:31 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Tahoe Breakdown

I have an 07 Tahoe with around 200k mikes that I bought a few months ago and primarily use to get around town. A few days ago, as I was driving, I was suddenly hit with hot air and the gauge cluster said "Engine overheat AC Disabled". I looked at the temperature gauge and it was all the way to the right. As I start to pull over, a few lights start to flash and I get another message saying "Engine overhead - Idle engine". This was followed by numerous warning lights. I get down to about 10mph and the screen says "StabiliTrak disabled" and the car starts shaking rather violently. I came to a stop and the car was still shaking and giving me different kinds of error messages. I then noticed there was steam coming out from under the hood. This lasted even around 5 minutes even after I shut the car off. I had AAA tow it to my lovely local Chevy dealership, which has not even looked at it. I'm just wondering what sort of problem it could be, as it is imperative that I have a vehicle to drive by next week and I would need to make arrangements fairly soon. Nobody's suggestion will offend me, as I am aware that this car could possibly be totaled. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Old July 31st, 2019, 3:37 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 163 Likes on 135 Posts

I'd check the flimsy plastic quick-connects at the firewall connections to the front heater block. Mrs. Cusser had one break on her 2005 last summer and coolant was lost, error messages, etc. Replaced that and added coolant and there was no damage. Just poor engineering, and there are lots of incidents of this on the Internet.
The following users liked this post:
Rdec (July 31st, 2019)