Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 TAHOE COLD AIR INTAKE CAI WHICH ONE?

Search this Thread

Old October 3rd, 2006, 3:45 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2007 TAHOE COLD AIR INTAKE CAI WHICH ONE?

Can anyone let me know which companies have a CAI for the 2007 5.3L tahoe? All of the companies I have looked at only have them for 2006, however they may fit. Can anyone provide this information? The part number would also be great. Thanks.
Old October 3rd, 2006, 6:33 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2007 TAHOE COLD AIR INTAKE CAI WHICH ONE?

Biglg,

I see you are in the other forum, but I got the air raid cai. It is just the box, they have not come out with the tube..or if they ever will. I looked at KN filters, but they don't have one on the website. I think Volant makes one now as well as AEM. Check those out, although with Volant you will pay mucho dinero.

DarkOne
Old October 4th, 2006, 12:03 AM
CF Active Member

Here is a link for the Volant. I ordered one for my '07 Avalanche which would be the same application. It's the cheapest I could find when shipping was figured in.

http://www.hyperformanceauto.com/Vol...11068C680.aspx

~digdug
Old October 4th, 2006, 12:23 AM
CF Addict

Dig Dug,

What do you think of the volant? Performance?

How does it sound? I dont really want it that loud? I just want an aftermarket CAI that isnt extremely loud.
Old October 4th, 2006, 12:28 AM
CF Active Member

biglg,

when i installed my intake it doesn't make it much louder. It might have a deeper tone, but nothing too loud. You might be able to hear the air getting sucked in...that is if the radio is not too loud. If you do get an aftermarket exhaust it will be louder. I just had mine installed and it is much louder than before, deeper sound. I don't know if you want to go that route but I thought I would let you know.

DarkOne
Old October 4th, 2006, 12:30 AM
CF Active Member

IMO the Volant is second to none in terms of fitment, appearance, performance, and overall value. I wanted something that looked great in the engine bay (mine has a stainless lid which looks fantastic). I also wanted an enclosed filter since I build homes and am around dust all the time. Like yourself, I did not want something that was loud and I haven't been disappointed there either.

I had one of these on my F350 Powerstroke diesel and on that it definately was louder but that was due to the turbo spooling quicker.

Like someone else said, it costs a little more but with the coin I just dripped on my '07 Avalanche it was worth it to me.

I have the 5.3L just for reference.

~digdug
Old October 4th, 2006, 1:55 AM
CF Active Member

digdug,

Does the volant have the tube that goes to the bottom of the truck as well. I thought about that but what happens when you go thru low water crossing or somewhat standing water? Will it not go up the intake tube?

DarkOne
Old October 4th, 2006, 11:19 AM
CF Active Member

Yes, there is a ram air tube available. However I'm not sure if they have one specifically for your vehicle. You'll have to check that out. If you have any threat for driving in high water conditions, ie. offroading, low lying areas, etc, then I would not recomend it because the water could back up the pipe.

Also, remember that whatever air you introduce into the engine will need to be able to get out with the same velocity for the intake to perform to it's full potential. Some get a larger diameter pipe and some add duels. It will increase performance, but to really feel it go you might want to try some sort of exhaust as well.

Good luck.

~digdug
Old October 4th, 2006, 9:45 PM
CF Active Member

Digdug,

I have the air raid and magnaflow exhaust right now, just looking to get the superchips flashpaq. The intake tube would be a nice addition, but Air raid doesn't make one. Oh well, I do feel a little more pick up, but would like a little more off the line. My gears help too with the get up and go.
Old October 4th, 2006, 10:57 PM
CF Addict

I dont know if you have had the superchips flashpaq on any other vehicle. But it was the best mod out of all of the 100 I have installed and tried on my 3 different hemi rams.

This is if they made it the same for the 07 hoe as they did for the ram hemi! I am getting one for sure, I would have paid a 1,000 for it if I knew how it performed ahead of time!

Quick Reply: 2007 TAHOE COLD AIR INTAKE CAI WHICH ONE?