Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Tahoe Dead - Doors Clicking

Old February 3rd, 2012, 10:53 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Tahoe Dead - Doors Clicking

2007 Tahoe Dead - only a clicking in the doors

Since last December year my 2007 Tahoe LTZ has been going dead. I will park the Tahoe, and go to lock it with the remote and it will not lock. So then I go back to the vehicle to find that nothing is working. I get back in and try to turn the ignition but nothing. No lights, nothing. Then the doors start with the clicking noise. The first 3 times this went on for a few minutes and then all of the sudden the car started and everything was normal. It is not a battery problem.
<O</O
On January 11<SUP>th</SUP> it happened for the 4<SUP>th</SUP> time but it did not restart. I had it towed to a service shop by my house. The shop was able to get the vehicle restarted but never could find a problem. They kept the car for a week and it did not die again. I drove it around for about another week and everything was fine until this Wednesday. I pulled into work and went to lock the car and again it was dead. This time I called the Chevrolet dealer as requested by customer care. The Chevrolet service consultant came over to my office and saw the problem as it was happening. Everything was dead and the doors had a clicking noise. After a few minutes the vehicle started up and I drove it to the dealer. Since then they have not found the problem. They just called me and said they can start by replacing the battery cables. I feel this is going to get expensive quick and they could be heading down the wrong road.
<O</O
I have been emailing GM social media back and forth. So far my only complaint with them is that it has been moving real slow. On Jan 19 was my first email to them. They replied the same day and asked me to take the car to a GM dealer. I took it to the dealer and emailed them yesterday stating such and asked for a phone call. A day later (today) I get another email saying they will setup a case with GM customer Assistance but they need info to do so. I replied with info so now I am waiting. I like email and forums and all but can I please get a phone call?
<O</O
Right now, I just want my Tahoe fixed. It is at the dealer now for a few days and they still don’t know what is wrong. I see other people have posted my exact same problem. What is the fix???
<O</O
If anyone knows please help!
<O</O
Thanks,<O</O
Steven<O</O
Old February 3rd, 2012, 12:17 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default well...

I suggest you get it working long enough to unload it on someone else.

But hey, they might be able to fix it.

Keep us posted.

contacting and filing w/the BBB lights a fire under GMs azz, so try that as well.

that's a safety hazard.

As for owning a GM, I'm sorry for your loss.
Old February 3rd, 2012, 4:57 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> scuba_steveo,

I'm sorry to hear of the frustration with your Tahoe. You stated that you have contacted GM social media and Customer Assistance. Did they give you a Service Request number (SR#)? If so, could you please PM the number so I can look into this further for you?

I look forward to your reply.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old February 4th, 2012, 7:20 PM
CF Beginner

Your problem sounds vaguely similar to mine (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tah...r-issue-48052/)

I found this recent post here, which alludes to a known issue with the factory BCM program - '07 Suburban (or Tahoe) - Battery Drain - BCM Issue. Questions - Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

I'm going to start with going down the battery path, just as a gut feeling.
Old February 4th, 2012, 7:28 PM
CF Beginner

I just checked the VINs listed here - Battery goes dead - and mine falls within those listed as affected. So I wonder how one can tell if their vehicle is on the old or new software?
Old April 2nd, 2014, 9:19 AM
CF Beginner

I seem to be having the same issue you mentioned. Battery was dead this morning, doors clicking once I connect battery charger to it. What fixed your issue? Vin number says it has a BCM reprogram recall for battery drain but dealership says that has been done to this one already. When I connect my battery charger I begin hearing a clicking noise every couple seconds in the door. I think that is keeping the battery from being able to get charged. I just disconnected the rest of the electrical system to get the battery charged up some. The inside door handles were replaced last week due to a factory recall. I know they had to take the door panels off to access. I wonder if something got messed up in the wiring from that job causing the doors to continuously try to lock or unlock making that clicking noise. Any ideas?
Old April 2nd, 2014, 10:01 AM
CF Active Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Dead in the water

I had a similar problem with my 2004 SRX when new. Was towed back to dealer 3 times before they found problem.Each time they accused me of leaving something on in car and charged battery. Finally it flipped a code and they determined it was a bad cell in battery. They claimed they thought that was the problem but couldn't replace it till it flipped code.Haven't had a problem with it since. Hope this helps!
Old April 3rd, 2014, 1:11 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Hey Thuhreb,

I am sorry to hear you are having this concern. Where did you have your recall performed? I would like to look into this further for you. Please private message me your name, VIN, phone number, and Chevrolet dealership. I look forward to hearing from you.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old October 1st, 2014, 2:00 PM
CF Beginner

Talking 2010 Tahoe clicking doors and battery dead

I have searched and searched to try to figure out my problem before taking my Tahoe into the shop so here was/is the problem: I found my Tahoe dead today and clicking noise on driver and passenger side doors. It sounded like a continuous clicking and figured this must have worn out my battery, hence maybe a electoral problem. So my farther and I took the terminal clamp ( I think this is the proper name) off to see if we can take out the battery. ( So this happened before and my husband did the same thing/ moved some wires around and put the battery back into place and it started, but 2 weeks later we are here.) As soon as we took off the terminal clamp the clicking stopped, but my father, who is pretty good and simple mechanics, noticed that the "T" screw was weathered down and it appears that it was not "clamping" together the main clamp. This must be the problem!!! It sure was!! when he screwed the "T" screw back into place he had to tighten it a bit tighter than normal but suggests that I take it in and have this terminal clamp replaced. It doesn't not have a common clap like other trucks do (the side screw which for sure clamps it tightly). I turned on the Tahoe and PRESTO!!! It was a SUCCESS!! There is a possibility that it may come loose again while I drive it from the RGV to Dallas (9hr drive) but at least I know the problem. Is there or was there a recall on this connection for the 2010 Tahoe? Can I replace the terminal clamp on my own? Thanks and I hope this helps others!
Old March 25th, 2015, 6:16 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2008 Suburban dead - Door Clicking - seat belt warning and other random electrical

I've been having the same problem as others with the truck going completely dead right after turning it off and I hear a random clicking in the door. I've had 4 different shops look at it. I've had a battery replaced, alternator, the cables replaced under the main computer. Sounds like others are having the exact same issue. Youtube video makes it look like the BCM or ground is an issue. Any ideas?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2007 Tahoe Dead - Doors Clicking