Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Tahoe Fan Control Problem

Search this Thread

Old January 27th, 2010, 8:43 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Tahoe Fan Control Problem

Was interested to see if anyone had run across this problem. I've got a 2007 Tahoe LT and yesterday the fan control quit working (in both manual mode and auto = nothing). I can still adjust the auxillary controls and all seems to be working fine there, but no control in the front. After the car gets warmed up, I can feel a faint heat coming out of the vents, but can't control the speed of the fan. I've checked multiple fuses that I think would contorl the fan (based on the manual), but all looks to be working fine there. Before I take it into a shop, I wanted to ping you guys to see what suggestions you may have as well. Thank you in advance!
Old January 27th, 2010, 2:30 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, I had this problem, and someone else did about a month ago. In my case, it was a bad blower motor. It happened around this time last year. The motor is expensive, so be prepared. I think the parts and labor was around $400. In my case, the dealership went to bat for me, and GM covered the part, while I picked up the labor. As you can see below, I've been long out of B to B coverage.