Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Tahoe Flowmaster Questions

Search this Thread

Old May 13th, 2007, 7:49 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Tahoe Flowmaster Questions

I have had my 07 Tahoe LT3 for about 2 months now and LOVE it. I have come to the conclusion that I want flowmasters (dual exhaust).

Does anybody have suggestions on which ones I should get? Price?

Also, if someone could please list the benefits of a flowmaster I would really appreciate it!

Thanks in advance!
Old May 14th, 2007, 11:17 AM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: 2007 Tahoe Flowmaster Questions

Benefits = louder exhaust. That's about it. I personally LOVE Flowmaster's sound (on the appropriate vehicle), but I have now seen two of my vehicles actually dynoed with different mufflers, and now believe that Flowmasters are actually more restrictive than other types (notably Magnaflow)...it was a very small number, as in 2-3 horsepower (on my 400hp GTO), but still, the numbers don't lie.

But, it's all really about the sound! So, if you like the Flowmaster rumble, then stick with them by all means, since you're not gonna really see any major differences between brands anyways...my brother had the 50 series Flows on his old Yukon, sounded nice. The only problem with Tahoes/Burbs, etc isthat you have a large enclosed vehicle, and Flows tend to resonate pretty badly in them...personally, I like being able to hear the exhaust all the time, but if you have a wife/kids/clients, etc in thetruck, they may get tired of it?Try to get one with their Delta Flow design, it is suppoed to cut down on interior resonance...

I got a killer deal on the Magnaflow catback system, so will be trying it out this week...looking forward togetting it and hearing it!
Old May 14th, 2007, 1:24 PM
CF Beginner

So, I called a local muffler shop and got quoted $350 out-the-door for the 50 series flowmaster with chrome or stainless steel tips. They said I could upgrade to the Denali tips for an extra $50.

Is this a good deal?
Old May 14th, 2007, 4:01 PM
CF Junior Member

No, does not sound like a good deal to me. But be more specific in exactly what they are doing for you here. You should be able to get a 50 series muffler for less than $100 at any of the online retailers (Summit, Jegs, ebay, etc)...there will be some cutting (removing the old muffler/resonator) and welding, but not $250 worth! Maybe I'm spoiled by my muffler guys (my family has been going there for over 30 years), but for less than $350 I could get a whole new muffler system from them with tips and anything I wanted!

I'd say call around some more...and make sure of exactly what they are doing for that $350...adding a new muffler and some tips should cost a lot less than $250 in labor/materials (plus $100 for the new muffler). Hell, I just was on Summit Racing.com and they show the new Flowmaster Catback system for $365!! (Says will be available in June, so a few more weeks). You'd be better off getting the whole new catback for the same money! Course, they only use aluminized tubing in their kits, so you'd lose the stainless steel (stock) tubing...if you live in location with lots of snow/rain, could be a consideration...
Old May 14th, 2007, 8:53 PM
CF Beginner

I got my flowmaster installed today (50 series dual exhaust), but now have a little problem. My RPM seems to be a little high at idle and it also shifts down to a low gear when coming to a stop too late!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old May 15th, 2007, 12:11 PM
CF Junior Member

My first suggestion might be to unhook the battery and see if the computer "re-learns" your setup (we used to do this on the GTOs, so I would think it would work on these also?) The computer is probably struggling to adjust to the lower backpressure of your dual exhaust setup? I'd say give it a few days, see if the computer adjusts, if not, you may need to have a local tuner go in and adjust your computer tuning to get it right.

On my GTO, I put on a Flowmaster catback and a Lingenfelter intake, and it was running VERY lean (good for power, not good for engine life!) afterwards...we had to tune it properly on the dyno.

You might ask around on the unhooking the battery cables first, since I don't want to see you screw up anything on your Hoe??
Old May 15th, 2007, 2:46 PM
CF Beginner

Thank you for the reply...I will ask around to see if that's the fix!
Old May 16th, 2007, 1:23 AM
CF Beginner

Ok, one last thing...the muffler shop said I can switch to a 70 series if i'd like (basically no cost to me since i just bought the 50 series). Any reviews on the 70 series would be great! The wifes not to happy with how loud it is, so I want to know if the 70 series is quieter inside?
Old May 16th, 2007, 11:27 AM
CF Junior Member

Yes, I believe the 70 series is supposed to be quieter...try to get the "Delta Flow" version, they are supposed to be quieter than the regular versions. Look on Flowmaster's site, they show the exterior/interior noise levels for each of the mufflers...

Also, I just got the Magnaflow system last night, and right in the directions, they call for you to disconnect the battery to allow the computer to adjust to the system after installation...
Old May 17th, 2007, 9:43 AM
CF Active Member

Go with the complete Magnaflow Exhaust System: http://shop.smmenterprises.com/index...;ProdID=510956
You get much better quality, fitment, looks, and performance...

Quick Reply: 2007 Tahoe Flowmaster Questions