Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Tahoe Fuel Lines

Search this Thread

Old April 7th, 2008, 1:31 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Tahoe Fuel Lines

Hi Y'all,

I'm sure people are going to say its a bad idea, but I bought a couple of those magnets that are supposed to help improve gas mileage. Hey, with raising gas prices, its worth the $10 to see if they work.

Anyways, they need to go on the fuel lines, as close to the engine as possible. However, I'm not exactly sure that I've found the right lines. When I look from under the truck from the tank to the engine, I see two lines (silver color) running from apparently the gas tank up the left side to just pass the drivers door, then they move to the center head up towards the front and come up to the engine right in from of the passenger seat. From their each one T-Splits, into 4 lines, two go to the passanger side of the engine in the front near the middle (up/down), I'm not sure where the other two go after the split (I lose them). I'm pretty sure they are the fuel lines, but just thought I would ask to be sure.

Also, if I am right that there are two fuel lines, I'm assuming that there's two because of the AFM. If you can clarify this I would appreciate it.

Hey, if it works it works, if not I'm out $10 and remove them. I've see lots of testimonials on these things, so what the hell...

Thanks for any input...
Old April 7th, 2008, 2:59 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 2007 Tahoe Fuel Lines

To get as close to the engine as possible, you need to be under the hood, not under the vehicle. The fuel line closest to the engine is on topandat the rear of the engine.

Be sure to chant the proper incantation while installing the magnets, otherwise when you start the vehicle, it will rain horseshoes and turkeys.
Old April 7th, 2008, 3:29 PM
CF Beginner

ORIGINAL: RonH

To get as close to the engine as possible, you need to be under the hood, not under the vehicle. The fuel line closest to the engine is on topandat the rear of the engine.

Be sure to chant the proper incantation while installing the magnets, otherwise when you start the vehicle, it will rain horseshoes and turkeys.
I know, I need to be under the hood... But since I can't figure out from just looking under the hood which line is the fuel line (I see lines going all over the place), I went under to try to trace the line from the tank to the engine, and I'm just confirming if I traced the correct lines. Sad to say but I know more about someone I've never met than about engines. I originally was looking for an fuel filter which I now know doesn't exist.

Of course, I never found just one line that I could guess was the fuel line, I found two lines coming from the tank, but come into the engine compartment in front of the passenger and then did T splits like I described in my post. With what little I know about engines, I didn't expect to see this, I expected to see just one line. On the old car I had, I found the fuel line very easy... just not quite sure on this truck...

Thanks for the tie down suggestion, I plan on using a few extra tie downs to make sure the magnets don't move...

Thanks for the help, I am still a little unsure about which line(s) is/are the fuel line(s)... any more guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Old April 7th, 2008, 6:15 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The fuel line will have a schrader valve (looks like an oversized tire air valve) for releasing the fuel pressure in the fuel line. It should be behind the throttle bodyon top of the engine and should be pointing straight up. Find the fuel pressure release valve and you have found the fuel line.
Old April 7th, 2008, 6:55 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If a $10 magnet would improve fuel economy don't you think that the manufacturers would build it into the vehicle?
They have all tested the magnets and found that they do nothing to improve efficiency but they will cure cancer.
Old April 7th, 2008, 9:06 PM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts

Sounds like we have a buyer for a Turbonator which coupled with a TB spacer will not only get you a 25% mpg increase but 30 hp.
Old April 7th, 2008, 11:16 PM
CF Beginner

ORIGINAL: ZX1100F1

If a $10 magnet would improve fuel economy don't you think that the manufacturers would build it into the vehicle?
They have all tested the magnets and found that they do nothing to improve efficiency but they will cure cancer.
Yes, that is the question... While I'm sure its not going to be worth the $10, I feel its worth a try. However, to answer your question. They can already make cars that get 100+ mpg, and cars that run on 100% ethanol, and there's an electic sports car being tested that does like 250 miles per charge. They already have the ability to significantly reduce our dependancy on fossil fuel, but they don't do they. Of course, I don't believe in conspiracy theories, but some would say that the big automakers benefit from the consumption of fossil fuels.. Like I said, its a long shot, and I've seen testimonials of people saying that it works, independent, not just advertisements. So I figure what the hell, I'll give it a shot. The worst thing is I'm out $10, and if nothing else, I'm learning a little more about my engine.

Also, I think I found what RonH was mentioning... On the top of the driver's side of the engine, line with a valve in it... it has a blue cap on it... sound about right?

Old April 7th, 2008, 11:21 PM
CF Beginner

ORIGINAL: 73shark

Sounds like we have a buyer for a Turbonator which coupled with a TB spacer will not only get you a 25% mpg increase but 30 hp.
Now, I may be gullable, but I'm not stupid... not going to fall for the changing the air flow thing.... anybody should realize that once the air flow changes directions anything the turbanator did is done with...

Also, I did put the magnet on my old car, and whether it was from the magnet or paying more attention to my driving I got consistently about 1 to 2% better mpg, which did translate into about a small overall savings.
Old April 7th, 2008, 11:24 PM
CF Beginner

ORIGINAL: RonH

The fuel line will have a schrader valve (looks like an oversized tire air valve) for releasing the fuel pressure in the fuel line. It should be behind the throttle bodyon top of the engine and should be pointing straight up. Find the fuel pressure release valve and you have found the fuel line.
Thanks for the help, I think I got it...
Old April 8th, 2008, 9:15 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: gdf7279
but some would say that the big automakers benefit from the consumption of fossil fuels..
Automakers benefit from selling automobiles, if they can sell it they will build it, the problem with latest technology is economics and marketing to the masses who understand fossil fuel power.
Oil companies make more profit then any other companies on the planet they sure as heck don't need to payoff automobile manufacturers.
Many GM vehicles currently will operate very well on E85 but it is estimated that fewer then 5% of the vehicles owners buy it.

Quick Reply: 2007 Tahoe Fuel Lines