Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Tahoe...Int. Door Lock Release

Search this Thread

Old June 19th, 2007, 6:04 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Tahoe...Int. Door Lock Release

Hi All -

Just upgraded from my '02 Z71 to a '07 Lt3 Z71.....Was curious to know if there is any way to install a mechanism to unlock the door by pulling the door handle instead of using the door lock/unlock switch?? Most cars these days will allow you to unlock the door by just pulling the handle once andtwo pulls will open the door..

Thanks!
Old June 19th, 2007, 7:08 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 2007 Tahoe...Int. Door Lock Release

No there isn't a way to do this and welcome to the forum and most cars don't offer that feature just a handful of models.
Didn't your dealer give you the fobs for your keyless entry system?
IMHO this is the premier way to gain entry to ones vehicle.
Old June 19th, 2007, 7:28 PM
CF Beginner

Heys thanks for the reply.....I really meant the door lock release upon exiting the car. Instead of unlocking the doors via the switch, I would like to unlock the door via pulling the interior door handle and pulling it again to open the door. My BMW and Mercedes and I think all German cars have this ability....
Old June 19th, 2007, 8:33 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can setthe doors to unlock automatically when you put itin oark or you can set it unlock when you take the key out. There may be another choice but I can't remember right now.

Seems to me that you would want the car in park to get out so this should cover most peoples needs.

If you sit in the car for awhile after driving before you get out, set it to unlock when you take the key outof the ignition.
Old June 19th, 2007, 11:08 PM
CF Beginner

Yes, those are all good options, but I don't want to have the doors automatically unlock when I put the car into park. The thing is that I own alandscaping company and give estimates all day long..So, when I get to a customer's house, Ileave the car runningas I jump out to eyeball the estimate. What I want to avoid is using the lock/unlock switch as I run in an out of the car...any ideas??
Old June 20th, 2007, 10:25 AM
CF Active Member

I'm pretty sure you can completely turn the auto-lock/unlock feature off within the display panel so that it will stay unlocked after entry into the vehicle. However, I do know what you are saying. It sure is annoying when I drop the wife off at the grocery store and I have to hit the unlock button each time to let her out.
Old June 20th, 2007, 11:26 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The option to disable the Autolock feature is no longer (since 2005) in the user menu within the DIC however the dealer can reprogram your vehicles BCM via Tis2Web so that the option to turn off Autolock (use the locks manually) is present upon the owners request.

Have your dealer reference Document #1985807 for instructions.
Old June 20th, 2007, 8:21 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I still don't understand why you would have to use the unlock button to get out. Is your car NOT in park when you exit????? Running or not it should be unlocked. I give up.
Old June 20th, 2007, 11:29 PM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts

[sm=exactly.gif] [sm=smiley2.gif]
Old June 21st, 2007, 1:57 AM
CF Beginner

For safety reasons, I do not like to have the doors unlock automatically when put into park or when I take out the keys.....I guess I'm just used to the Bimmer and Benz.

I just want to be able to unlock the door by pulling the interior handle vs. hitting the unlock button every time....I know it seems like a small thing but I literally get in and out of the car 100x throughout the day and it's a pain to remember to hit the switch every time....

Quick Reply: 2007 Tahoe...Int. Door Lock Release