Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Tahoe LS cabin noise

Search this Thread

Old March 4th, 2007, 1:15 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Tahoe LS cabin noise

Hey All,I purchased a 2007 Tahoe in January and it seems its developed a quite bothersome noise inside.I've had it to the dealership 3 times allready.The third time they replaced the intake duct(which the shop foreman says contains a baffle to reduce noise)as the noise seemed(?) to be coming from there. The fix didn't quiet the noise....It starts as I reach 10-15 mph and tappers off around 50mph...I can descibe the noise as somewhat vacum and or metallic... Any ideas or comments?Thanks!
Old March 4th, 2007, 8:24 PM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: 2007 Tahoe LS cabin noise

Same problem here, same story with intake, I don't buy that story. Dealer had the Tahoe for 2 weeks.
They had engineers from GM trying to fix it. No luck. All they did after two weeks was that they sprayed some sound quieting coating on the inside of the fender. It changed the noise - speed when it happens, but did not fix it as I expected.
Ask them to replace your vehicle since they can't fix it.
Bought my Tahoe in December, manufacturing date is Jan 06. What is date on yours ?
They are replacing my Tahoe now. They had to order one from factory.
I hope this next one will be OK.
Old March 5th, 2007, 12:48 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks so much...I too am in the process of getting my tahoe replaced.I've just started talks with a case worker from GM .Where might I find the manufacturing date?Is it part of the VIN # ?...The service department tried to tell me this was "normal" noise.....and or didn't hear it.What a bunch of crap!When do you expect delivery of the replacement?Once again, I appreciate your response....I too hope GM steps up to the plate and takes care of business....Jim
Old March 5th, 2007, 4:26 PM
CF Junior Member

Not sure what you mean by "somewhat vacuum and or metallic", but have you asked them to check the rear end for gear whine? My GTO had a terrible gear whine, and I've heard of lots of GMs being affected by this same issue...not sure if the Tahoes have experienced this? They can either adjust the gear setup, or replace the whole assembly with new parts...but without hearing your Tahoe, tough to help. Just a suggestion...
Old March 5th, 2007, 4:40 PM
CF Active Member

WOW sure does eem that the Tahoes have some issues..........
Old March 5th, 2007, 6:33 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You mention that you hear the noise between about 10 and 50MPH, does the engine make this noise if you were in park and depress the accelerator? If Yes, what RPM range?

Or will it only make this noise while moving?

The gear whine mentioned above is usually most noticeable during coast-down around 50mph on effected vehicles.

Old March 5th, 2007, 9:43 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

Might be more accurate to say "a few Tahoes have some issues........."

Must remember that most of the folks without problems aren't posting on the forums about what a great truck they have.
Old March 5th, 2007, 10:17 PM
CF Junior Member

ORIGINAL: 73shark

Might be more accurate to say "a few Tahoes have some issues........."

Must remember that most of the folks without problems aren't posting on the forums about what a great truck they have.
EXACTLY Shark!! Everyone always forgets that part...most of the time, people only post about problems...hardly anyone would come on the board every day and post that "their truck was perfect today, no problems", etc...so you just have to keep it in mind. Every board I belong to there are people complaining about something - but just remember that there are probably thousands (maybe millions) of other owners who are happily putting miles on their Tahoes without any issues...
Old March 22nd, 2007, 2:45 PM
CF Beginner

Well it appears, Henderson Chevrolet/General Motors,have NO intention of replacing my tahoe...They are saying the noise is a "normal"noise for the vehicle.....Even though on Henderson Chevrolets last attempt to quiet it they replaced athe air duct system,it failed to make any difference.The shop foreman sat next to me in another 07 Tahoe with the same motor and listened to it...Guess what? A VERY noticeable difference....Yet they are saying its still normal.....B.S.
I have contacted the BBB and filed a claim.Its apparent to me General Motors dose'nt give a crap about the working class!!
Old March 22nd, 2007, 3:36 PM
CF Active Member

Put an exhaust and new aftermarket intake on it and you wont hear the noise.

Quick Reply: 2007 Tahoe LS cabin noise