Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Tahoe LTZ clunky driver side

Search this Thread

Old May 24th, 2012, 3:12 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Tahoe LTZ clunky driver side

Hello, new to the forum. I have searched the web endlessly about this problem. I personally think it's one of my struts. While driving at slow speeds I get a clunk sound in the front end. When the car is parked I push down near the bumper the shocks seem to be working fine. But I do hear a squeaky sound like something is rubbing together. The truck does have autoride. 86k miles just purchased. I have replaced the insulator body just for piece of mind as referenced in a TSB article I found. It sounds like it is coming from the strut. I don't want to replace these super expensive struts. I think my next step is to pull the strut off and jerk it up and down while off the truck to see if I can replicate the sound. Any advice is helpful. Thanks.
Old May 25th, 2012, 10:03 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> joeca12,

I'm sorry to hear of this issue with your Tahoe vehicle. I have searched my resources, however, was unable to find any known issues as described for 2007 Tahoe vehicles. If you would like, PM me the last 8-digits of your VIN number, and I may be able to offer additional information.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old May 25th, 2012, 10:06 PM
CF Veteran

when does it make the sound? bumps, turning, fast/slow details would help

Sway bar links tight?
Old June 19th, 2012, 7:47 AM
CF Beginner

Had a very similar noise that happened on my 07 LTZ when i hit a large bump or left my driveway (inlcine to flat surface). Found the stabilizer link was broke and was causing the noise. Simple to replace and low cost.