Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????

Search this Thread

Old September 24th, 2014, 8:59 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How do I send you a PM?
Old September 24th, 2014, 8:51 PM
Administrator

Received 158 Likes on 156 Posts

Just like Amber, click on my screen name and you get a drop down menu. You can either PM or e-mail me.
Old September 25th, 2014, 6:29 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your wasting your time.

Just contact the GM dealer of of your choice and commence begging. It seems to help if you are the original owner and have paid said dealership not only the cost of the vehicle but also lots and lots of service dollars.

In the end its entirely up to whatever dealer you go to. Be prepared to be made to feel as if you are asking them to do you a HUGE favor in covering this known defect. I couldnt stomach the bs anymore so i walked out of the dealer and am currently trying to figure out how to fix this on my own.

Another thing to consider - there have been posts on this thread (if you feel like looking back through) of others who have gotten GM to partially cover the new dash install, and then found the 2nd dash cracked just like the 1st. GM has denied there is any issue with the design and instead are claiming that all those heavy valet tickets and warm soap/water you have been ABUSING your dashboard with have caused the issue. In reality, there is an obvious design flaw in these vehicles which GM has chosen NOT to address and instead they are hoping the internet gets unplugged asap.

It would be smarter and less expensive to visit a local automotive trim shop and have them remove the dash, stiffen the underside with fiberglass weave, then cover it in a nice matching vinyl. I was quoted < $500 for that from a shop here in Atlanta. This would solve your problem once and for all and is probably the route i will take if I keep the vehicle. This would also keep undeserved $$ OUT of GM's grubby paws while completely solving the problem.
Old September 30th, 2014, 6:15 PM
CF Beginner

This applies to both threads, as we have a Silverado and a Yukon... cross posting!

Well, my turn now! 2007 Silverado Max (LTZ) had this happen a year or so ago, and the dealer replaced it after a whole lot of fussing and a couple phone calls to GM (I hate that that is required to get things recognized.. so frustrating..)

And now, our 2009 Yukon Denali is showing her first signs of crackage. I just PMed GM Customer Service through here. Thank you for stickying this thread!

A phone call earlier to GMC customer service got me nowhere.. they said there 'were no known issues associated with my VIN #". Big fat BS.

Hopefully this will be a fairly simple and easy issue to resolve.. fingers crossed.
Old October 5th, 2014, 9:15 AM
CF Beginner

Default Everybody cracks......

The dash on my 2007 Tahoe is cracked as well (along with the peeling door handles, faded/peeled side moulding, door filling up with water, poor fit and finish on the interior and NO warning chimes! Which I posted about). Our vehicles are well maintained and cared for and this is unacceptable.
I very badly want to trade it in but won't get anywhere near the book value because of all the defects. My choice now is to take the hit on the trade or just stick with this rattling, leaking, peeling heap until it won't run anymore. Which at this rate, may be sooner rather than later.
Old October 18th, 2014, 7:47 PM
CF Beginner

CCS isn't going to help. But I found out we all need to start posting pics of your dash and other problems on twitter and Facebook. They watch those sights also. Tell everyone you know. Post how dangerous the crack at the airbag is. They will do same bs as here contact you , try to help but in the end will not unless like other poster stated you spend money at that dealer. But if you reach one person on twitter/ Facebook then we beat Chevrolet. Maybe they will listen and start fixing these issues. Start posting negative stuff and see how fast they contact you. Spread the word.
Old October 21st, 2014, 9:28 AM
CF Junior Member

Well I hope GM invests the $200 I spent getting my dash replaced wisely. I have been a diehard GM and NEVER bought anything BUT GM.. Guess what, due to the horrendous experiences with (1) the dealers; and (2) with GM’s customer (dis)service I’ve sold off ALL GM products. In fact I am sure that Ford/Lincoln love this, instead of buying my wife the CTS we went an looked at a Lincoln MKZ with every option, my wife loved it MORE than the CTS.. Guess what's she driving? I just got rid of my Suburban 4x4 LTZ and got a brand new Ford Raptor. So GM.. your atrocious business practices and complete disregard for your customers led me to spend my $100K with your competitor who at least seems to appreciate my business.
Old October 21st, 2014, 6:14 PM
CF Junior Member

Default Cradked dash

The new dash part # is 20959608 - Instrument panel W/UPLEVEL SLT PACKAGE, w/o Denali, cashmere

Maybe the latest air bag recall due to shards will motivate GM to do a safety recall.
I know I'm dreaming!

<table align="center" border="0" width="100%" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td colspan="5">BODY HARDWARE / INSTRUMENT PANEL / INSTRUMENT PANEL / Instrument panel </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="part" rowspan="2"> 20959602 - Instrument panel W/UPLEVEL SLT PACKAGE, w/Denali, ebony
PARTS: Order by color and application.
</td> <td class="" align="center" width="80">MSRP</td> <td class="" align="center" nowrap="nowrap" width="100">Online Price</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="" align="center" width="80">$438.58</td> <td class="" align="center" width="100">$273.68</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="5"> <table align="center" border="0" width="100%" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td colspan="2" align="left" nowrap="true" valign="top"> View Part Diagram -- Item #4 </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2" align="right" valign="top">
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="5" style="border-bottom:2px solid #FFFFFF;" height="1"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="5"> BODY HARDWARE / INSTRUMENT PANEL / INSTRUMENT PANEL / Instrument panel </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="part" rowspan="2"> 20959603 - Instrument panel W/UPLEVEL SLT PACKAGE, w/Denali, cocoa
</td> <td class="" align="center" width="80">MSRP</td> <td class="" align="center" nowrap="nowrap" width="100">Online Price</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="" align="center" width="80">$438.58</td> <td class="" align="center" width="100">$273.68</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="5"> <table align="center" border="0" width="100%" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td colspan="2" align="left" nowrap="true" valign="top"> View Part Diagram -- Item #4 </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2" align="right" valign="top">
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="5" style="border-bottom:2px solid #FFFFFF;" height="1"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="5"> BODY HARDWARE / INSTRUMENT PANEL / INSTRUMENT PANEL / Instrument panel </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="part" rowspan="2"> 20959607 - Instrument panel W/UPLEVEL SLT PACKAGE, w/o Denali, ebony
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="5" style="border-bottom:2px solid #FFFFFF;" height="1"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="5"> BODY HARDWARE / INSTRUMENT PANEL / INSTRUMENT PANEL / Instrument panel </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="part" rowspan="2"> 20959608 - Instrument panel W/UPLEVEL SLT PACKAGE, w/o Denali, cashmere
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="5" style="border-bottom:2px solid #FFFFFF;" height="1"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="5"> BODY HARDWARE / INSTRUMENT PANEL / INSTRUMENT PANEL / Instrument panel </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="part" rowspan="2"> 20959609 - Instrument panel W/UPLEVEL SLT PACKAGE, w/o Denali, titanium
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="5" style="border-bottom:2px solid #FFFFFF;" height="1"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="5"> BODY HARDWARE / INSTRUMENT PANEL / INSTRUMENT PANEL / Instrument panel </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="part" rowspan="2"> 20959611 - Instrument panel W/O UPLEVEL SLT PACKAGE, ebony

</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="5" style="border-bottom:2px solid #FFFFFF;" height="1"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="5"> BODY HARDWARE / INSTRUMENT PANEL / INSTRUMENT PANEL / Instrument panel </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="part" rowspan="2"> 20959612 - Instrument panel W/O UPLEVEL SLT PACKAGE, titanium

</td> <td class="" align="center" width="80">MSRP</td> <td class="" align="center" nowrap="nowrap" width="100">Online Price</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="" align="center" width="80">$438.58</td> <td class="" align="center" width="100">$273.68</td></tr></tbody></table>

Last edited by mhanlen; October 21st, 2014 at 6:17 PM.
Old October 22nd, 2014, 8:55 AM
CF Junior Member

Default Genuine Parts Company reports record sales for third quarter

Originally Posted by mhanlen
The new dash part # is 20959608 - Instrument panel W/UPLEVEL SLT PACKAGE, w/o Denali, cashmere

Maybe the latest air bag recall due to shards will motivate GM to do a safety recall.
I know I'm dreaming!
I don't know why the above links don't work, sorry!
This is an interesting read about GM parts
Genuine Parts Company reports record sales for third quarter - See more at: Genuine Parts Company reports record sales for third quarter | Search Autoparts
Genuine Parts Company reports record sales for third quarter | Search Autoparts
Old November 10th, 2014, 12:07 PM
CF Beginner

Default Cracked dashboard by air bag

Crack starting by left side of airbag! My fear is it will affect the air bag in some way. I bought this car brand new and garage kept . Has anyone had any luck with service repairing this problem mine just appeared over night. I have already had 3 door handles replaced when it was only a year old. Now steering wheel is peeling and radio **** falling off! I was going to buy a 2015 tahoe but with craftsmanship of this one I've changed my mind.

Quick Reply: 2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????