Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????

Search this Thread

Old October 14th, 2010, 6:34 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2007 Tahoe in the Houston area, same crack on the dash!!
Old October 14th, 2010, 6:53 PM
CF Beginner

2007 Chev Tahoe in the Houston area with the same crack. Hmm my Police Department uses Tahoes, guess thats going to stop. We won't be using a company that wont correct a mistake. Guess those Police Dodge Chargers are looking better. We were going to get the 2011 Chev Police Caprices, not with these issues.
Old October 14th, 2010, 8:26 PM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts

It would be nice if someone who gets their dash replaced, could compare the new one to the old one to see if GM changed the design to prevent this. This info could come in handy if someone decides to enrich an atty. Would prove that they knew there was a problem.
Old October 18th, 2010, 11:16 AM
CF Beginner

What dealership in Austin did you go to?
Old October 19th, 2010, 6:15 AM
CF Beginner

Default Replaced Dash

Well Chevy has finally stepped up to the plate. I had a co-worker tell me her dash has cracked as well and sent her police officer husband to Chevy to do the dirty work. Lo and behold a brand new dash for her. So I thought I would give it a try. Called my local dealer on Wednesday morning and said I wanted to speak with the Service Manager. They gave me an appointment for later that afternoon. I had shown up with my infant in tow and told the guy at the counter I was not leaving until I had a new dash and that I wanted my door handles replaced at the same time. Gave me the run around for a little while and finally bring the truck back for the door handles and the "inspection". Two and a half hours later( with an eleven month old in the waiting room) I was informed that I can have my dash replaced free of charge.
Old October 19th, 2010, 8:24 AM
CF Beginner

Default Dash replaced

Capitol Chevrolet in Austin replaced my dash. No questions asked. Great customer service. If I cannot trust in Chevy at least I can trust in the customer service of my dealer!
Old October 19th, 2010, 9:25 AM
Administrator

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

I bought my 93 Silverado Step side from Capital when they were still downtown
I was happy with them, I have not dealt with them since then thou and have been happy with the service at Champion Chevy, I have had good results with them but have not had to deal with the cracked dash issue.....yet
Old October 20th, 2010, 9:13 AM
CF Beginner

Default Champion Chevrolet

I also take my Tahoe to Champion for all the service. They said they would replace it for $100, not free. I think that is their way of not admitting GM fault for the defective dash, but still trying to make a customer happy.
My Tahoe is out of warranty with 37K miles
Old October 20th, 2010, 2:10 PM
CF Beginner

Jeff, I was researching this on my 2008 Tahoe. Were you able to determine a cause?

I placed a small amount of glue hoping to stop the cracking shortly after noticing. To my disbelief the cracking actually split and extended dropping a small piece out of the middle. I've got close to 50k miles on a car that's barely two years old.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
Old October 20th, 2010, 4:57 PM
Administrator

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by fpetrini
I also take my Tahoe to Champion for all the service. They said they would replace it for $100, not free. I think that is their way of not admitting GM fault for the defective dash, but still trying to make a customer happy.
My Tahoe is out of warranty with 37K miles
100 is the lowest I have seen for for a customer to have to pay other then the ones that have been done for free...
I'd keep pressing and see if GM customer service can assist you, there are way too many complaints for this to just slip by.....

Quick Reply: 2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????