Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????

Old April 15th, 2010, 9:50 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default well...

you could always roll it off an exit ramp and pickup a ford or Toyota... or the X5 i actually wanted... but the insurance was WAY too high...
Old April 15th, 2010, 1:13 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by MouserMike
Update: Extended GM "warranty" is not a warranty, just an "extended service contract" that only covers driveability and mechanical, not interior. Funny how they do cover the peeling chrome door handle replacement...
The chrome is probably covered because it is a potential liability and you could get cut and sue GM for it...not so much for the cracked dash...
Old April 16th, 2010, 8:03 AM
CF Addict

Default extended

are you talking about the 5 year 60,000 bumper to bumper i paid $940 for or the 5 year 100,000 power train?
Old April 17th, 2010, 6:07 PM
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 152 Posts

Here's the best place I could find for a GMPP extended warranty: http://gmoutlet.com/gmpp.htm

My dealer couldn't match and said it was less than what he had to pay.
Old April 21st, 2010, 12:25 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's going on with Chevy!!!

I noticed the crack back in Dec 09. I brought my truck to the dealers to have them replace the dash. They said that they couldn't because I didn't have an extended warrenty. I had just over 36k miles on the truck. I got a quote while I was there and it came back at $980 bucks! The service Department told me they hadn't seen any other complaints about this and made it sound like I didn't take care of my vehicle. Of course the Florida sun beating on anything can't be good so my windshield was titnted the week I purchased the truck. Not just the top strip but the entire window. My door handles are peeling as well and the caps on the power ports have been long gone. Chevy and GM are the only dealers who havent dropped their prices. I looked at the same truck in a 2009 model and it is stickered 8 thousand more than what I paid for mine. The salesman tried to tell me it had different features but low and behold out came my original window sticker to prove him wrong. I thought I was getting the run-around because I am a young woman.
Old April 21st, 2010, 11:35 AM
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 152 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

If this is the dealer that you bought it from, then shame on them. My dealer replaced the intermediate shaft (a long time known problem) on my wife's 2004 Tahoe w/ 40K+ mi last year and chalked it up to customer satisfaction.

I'd go to the Service Mgr and then to the GM and then to the owner. Tell them a less than "Completely Satisfied" rating is in their future if they can't do something for you. Dashes shouldn't crack, period.
Old April 25th, 2010, 2:15 PM
CF Beginner

Thumbs down More issues with my 08 burb ltz

Well guys,

I had read in previous postings of others having issues with the door handles... well, guess what, my driver's side and left side passenger door handles are about to come off! just like that. I've had other issues in the past were the GM mechanics weren't able to find the issue, here's a list of my issues:

1. Drilling noise coming from the AC unit when cold started during hot weather - GM mechanics could never hear it or find the issue

2. Vibration on the front tires when traveling above 70mph - I was told by GM mechanics the problem was the tires, aparently they performed a stress test on them and 3 out of 4 were bad, they replaced them - the problem is still there. My Burb came with 20 inch factory chrome spoke wheels, but they never checked the rims!

3. Crack on the dash - appeared out of the blue - my vehicle is garaged 80% of the time.

4. When going over speed bumps I hear a not so pleasant noise coming out of the back, don't know if it's the shock absorbers, suspension, or what.

5. Slight transmission skip when shifting on reverse (not constant).

6. Last but not least, the newest, door handles are coming off!

And did I mentioned my Burb is only 2 years old!!!

I love the looks of my vehicle and the equipment that came with it, but I can't help but to feel I was sold a lemon, a very expensive lemon at that... at least it looks good (that's about it I guess)!!
Old April 26th, 2010, 7:45 AM
CF Addict

Default wow

and here I thought MY tahoe was crap... my problem list is shorter than yours, but it's been to the dealer 30+ odd times?! i usually have them print all the invoices ($free) just to make a point...

If the Ford Edge towed 5,000 lbs... the Tahoe would be SOLD...
Old April 27th, 2010, 11:28 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Twrchief, I have recently responded back to the direct message you sent me.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old April 27th, 2010, 12:56 PM
CF Beginner

Wink

Originally Posted by twrchief
Well guys,

I had read in previous postings of others having issues with the door handles... well, guess what, my driver's side and left side passenger door handles are about to come off! just like that. I've had other issues in the past were the GM mechanics weren't able to find the issue, here's a list of my issues:

1. Drilling noise coming from the AC unit when cold started during hot weather - GM mechanics could never hear it or find the issue

2. Vibration on the front tires when traveling above 70mph - I was told by GM mechanics the problem was the tires, aparently they performed a stress test on them and 3 out of 4 were bad, they replaced them - the problem is still there. My Burb came with 20 inch factory chrome spoke wheels, but they never checked the rims!

3. Crack on the dash - appeared out of the blue - my vehicle is garaged 80% of the time.

4. When going over speed bumps I hear a not so pleasant noise coming out of the back, don't know if it's the shock absorbers, suspension, or what.

5. Slight transmission skip when shifting on reverse (not constant).

6. Last but not least, the newest, door handles are coming off!

And did I mentioned my Burb is only 2 years old!!!

I love the looks of my vehicle and the equipment that came with it, but I can't help but to feel I was sold a lemon, a very expensive lemon at that... at least it looks good (that's about it I guess)!!
twrchief - you sure you're not driving my 08 burb? All but item #5 on your list has happened on ours. Let me know what you find out, I'll be interested to see what/if your dealer does anything about it. Our Burb has had the handles replaced, as well as the steering wheel center piece, that started to peel as well

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????