Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????

Search this Thread

Old September 30th, 2012, 10:36 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New to Forum.
Same problem with cracked dashboard, right behind steering wheel on the cluster.

Just shocking..09 Sub 47000 miles...barely 3 years old....shame on GM.
I didn't get thru all the thread yet. Is there any option for me at this time?

thank you.
Old October 1st, 2012, 10:34 AM
Administrator

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

bbschevy1 Welcome to the forum
Contact Luis with Chevrolet Customer Service, get him your personal info and he can get the ball rolling on creating a case for you and will set you up with a dealer to have it looked at, and go from there...
Old October 1st, 2012, 12:08 PM
CF Beginner

I actually went straight to my dealer but have yet to find the end all answer on which is the best.

I went straight to the dealer. Asked them if this is the quality I can expect from a $50k investment and that how they deal with the issue will decide if my next purchase would be a GM vehicle. I did not go in demanding anything from them. Simply asked them to stand behind their product. I added that I purchased this new 59 months prior and hadn't event sent my final payment yet...

2007 LTZ 89k miles = Free replacement
Old October 1st, 2012, 7:19 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by rrhodes1970
I actually went straight to my dealer but have yet to find the end all answer on which is the best.

I went straight to the dealer. Asked them if this is the quality I can expect from a $50k investment and that how they deal with the issue will decide if my next purchase would be a GM vehicle. I did not go in demanding anything from them. Simply asked them to stand behind their product. I added that I purchased this new 59 months prior and hadn't event sent my final payment yet...

2007 LTZ 89k miles = Free replacement
Thanks for a good advice
Old October 1st, 2012, 7:21 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by in2pro
bbschevy1 Welcome to the forum
Contact Luis with Chevrolet Customer Service, get him your personal info and he can get the ball rolling on creating a case for you and will set you up with a dealer to have it looked at, and go from there...

Thanks you do you happen to have a contact number by any chance?

thanks again
Old October 2nd, 2012, 7:54 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by bbschevy1
Thanks you do you happen to have a contact number by any chance?

thanks again
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <woNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> My dealer knew the problem and took care of it immediately without any problems. Ask him first before you try Louis.

Louis Fischer

Available Monday - Friday 8am - 4:30pm EST / Direct Email: louis_henry@gmexpert.com
Occupation
GM Customer Service Representative
Facebook
GMLouisFischer
Available Monday - Friday 8am - 4:30pm EST / Direct Email: louis_henry@gmexpert.com
Old October 2nd, 2012, 12:12 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by mhanlen
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <woNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> My dealer knew the problem and took care of it immediately without any problems. Ask him first before you try Louis.

Louis Fischer

Occupation
GM Customer Service Representative
Facebook
GMLouisFischer

I just went to local Chevy dealer spoke with svc mgr, and was told that he will contact GM and try to solve the problem. He also said, "I won't say I've never seen this problem before". He was aware of the problem.

I will keep posted.

thanks everyone.
Old October 2nd, 2012, 12:42 PM
CF Beginner

New to the forum today. I recently purchased my 07 Avalanche with the dash crack from a friend. It is very disappointing that Chevy isn't covering this issue. In my case Chevy has an easy out since my Avy has just over 155K on the clock. Although, I really don't think (and from what I've read) this is a milage issue. I contacted Chevy yesterday just to give it a shot and i was shot down.

The lady I spoke with cracked me up because while she was asking about my situation she asked if there were any dash warning/info lights on. Purely a scripted interview...HAHA! I was very fortunate that she also took the time to tell me about the door handle repair.....but by the way...you're out of warranty for that to. Gee thanks for rubbing it in lady.
Old October 3rd, 2012, 8:50 PM
CF Beginner

I have to give a big thanks to Louis and Bankston Chevrolet in Fort Worth. Got my truck back today and its great. Dash looks great. Not a single squeak or rattle. GM treated me right plus washed/detailed my truck.
Old October 3rd, 2012, 9:46 PM
Administrator

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

That is good to hear, thanks for updating us!

Quick Reply: 2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????