Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????

Search this Thread

Old July 13th, 2013, 1:06 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

86 pages and close to 1000 posts, and GM is still not taking care of the issue at ABSOLUTE NO CHARGE! They KNOW there is a problem, yet all I have seen is a request for vehicle information. This issue needs to be rectified by GM and ALL of the dealers that represent their product. I think it is rediculous how they state that it is the discretion of the dealers to make the repair at whatever cost they choose. This is a GM QUALITY ISSUE, and they need to support their dealers taking care of this WELL KNOWN FLAW!
Old July 13th, 2013, 1:08 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

tallguyturbo,

I am sorry you are unhappy with your response from GM. Can you please let me know your case number so we can look into it further? I look forward to hearing form you soon.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old July 16th, 2013, 5:32 PM
CF Beginner

Erica,

I want to join the list of complaints here. I own a 2007 Tahoe LTZ that has just over 100K miles, however I have had the crack since 80K or so. I have tried taking measures to prevent the crack from spreading, but it seems to be worsening. I am worried about the structural integrity of the dash and how that affects the SRS efficiency? Would there be adverse affects of the dash coming apart in a SRS deployment? A low speed impact may be worsened by a sharp edged dash panel to seriously injure the front passengers...

What is GM's position on all the potential liability here, and how can we get our trucks fixed so we can enjoy them?

Thanks.

Tahoetex
Old July 16th, 2013, 9:07 PM
Official GM Rep

Originally Posted by tahoetex
Erica,

I want to join the list of complaints here. I own a 2007 Tahoe LTZ that has just over 100K miles, however I have had the crack since 80K or so. I have tried taking measures to prevent the crack from spreading, but it seems to be worsening. I am worried about the structural integrity of the dash and how that affects the SRS efficiency? Would there be adverse affects of the dash coming apart in a SRS deployment? A low speed impact may be worsened by a sharp edged dash panel to seriously injure the front passengers...

What is GM's position on all the potential liability here, and how can we get our trucks fixed so we can enjoy them?

Thanks.

Tahoetex
Hi tahoetx,

I am assisting Erica here on the forum. If you send us your full name, VIN, current mileage, contact information and dealership we would be happy to address these concerns for you. We look forward to working with you.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old July 16th, 2013, 9:25 PM
CF Beginner

Default 07 Suburban LTZ

My Dash Has Also Cracked AnD Its A Shame That I Spend Nearly $50,000 On My Suburban LTZ Just To Endup With 3 Large Cracks On The Dash. I Would Love For Chevy To Offer Help Pay 50% Of The Replacement ConsideringHow Much I Spent.
Old July 17th, 2013, 7:57 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Hi tahoetx,

I am assisting Erica here on the forum. If you send us your full name, VIN, current mileage, contact information and dealership we would be happy to address these concerns for you. We look forward to working with you.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Amber,

I'm new to this...how do I send my information to you?

Tahoetex
Old July 17th, 2013, 10:43 AM
Official GM Rep

Originally Posted by tahoetex
Amber,

I'm new to this...how do I send my information to you?

Tahoetex

Tahoetex,

Not a problem we can certainly assist. When you click on the "Chevrolet Customer Service" name it will provide a list of options. Please choose, send "send private message". Then please provide us with your information.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old July 22nd, 2013, 3:07 PM
CF Beginner

GM offered nothing to fix this dash crack.

Dealer estimate is $863.00...Does anyone know a repair procedure and / or good heat resistant glue that also has elastic properties?
Old July 23rd, 2013, 10:17 AM
CF Beginner

Click here:

GMPartsDirect.com - Find a Item

The dash is $273.68. I think the dealer told me 4.6 hours book time to R&R it. So, the majority of the cost is labor. I have a full extended warranty, and GM offered a 60/40 split on the replacement cost. I paid $314.78 for a new dash installed. I was not happy about paying anything since I paid a few thousand dollars for the factory extended warranty, which clearly states interior items are covered.

I have "heard" that there will be a class action suit filed shortly. There have apparently been some accidents where people were injured from the dash cracks releasing shards of plastic into someone, and in one case into the backside of the airbag, making it at least partially ineffective. So, I will be seeking my reimbursement from this lawsuit when it gets filed. But for now, I have a new dash.
Old July 23rd, 2013, 3:32 PM
CF Beginner

We have just purchased a 2008 Suburban with 135K on it. Its an LTZ and we got a good deal on it. I never noticed the crack on the dash when my wife and I looked it over. Its on the left side of the instrument hump. I noticed the door handle peeling on drivers door but wrote that off as from the use. The truck was beautiful in every other way. Interior is perfect except for the two items I mentioned. The exterior also is great. I have owned many Chevys in last few years 8 in the last 10 years. So I hope this problem will be resolved soon by GM because I would hate to admit I have supported a less than honorable company

Quick Reply: 2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????