Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Tahoe LTZ Problems

Search this Thread

Old August 16th, 2006, 5:46 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2007 Tahoe LTZ Problems

The problem never came up before at least 3 hours on the road...most of the time it was more than 8. I'll try and post my service write-up this evening if I remember, otherwise I will have it in the morning! Thanks EscalonJon...glad I am not in this alone!
Old August 16th, 2006, 11:16 PM
CF Active Member

man for what i see i must be one of the lucky ones. i took the tahoe right of the dealer ship about3 months ago and went all the down to the pacific coast to mexico and had no problemas what so ever. since i liked it so much i bought a yukon 07,mistake. from day on i hve had the problems with the stabilitrk thing and onther little things. but the tahoe no clapints here. i will post pics of both of them. one is all black with black 22s,tha yukon is just plain boring .thanks just my 2 cents.
Old August 17th, 2006, 12:57 AM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts

Not only will they have to replace, but also repaint the new molding. Having second thoughts about the wisdom of having it fixed now. Oh well, surely they can match black. We'll see.
Old August 17th, 2006, 11:27 AM
CF Junior Member

Okay guys - here is everything that was done to our Tahoe after our problems. This is word by word - line by line - so bear with me!

11734 DTC P0335 Set. J4365 1.4 Bulletin PIP3808A out for concern.
Related to running rough with dtc p0335 set. and concern that rpms
going to zero caused by faulty ckp sensor. Replace crankshaft position
sensor and perform ckp relearn.

11734 test drove vehicle and checked codes found codes C0561 and C0710
ABS light is due to service engine light for code C0561 N6600 .5 code
C0710 was open in the 5 volt refrence circuit repaired open in the
circuit and tested vehicle operating to specs at this time.

And there u have it. I will report back after our trip in mid October and hopefully everything will be fine!

FYI - Even though we bought the truck just last month, it was a demo and the inspection was done back in February so it was part of the first few batches on the lot. EscalonJon - when did u get yours?
Old August 17th, 2006, 3:42 PM
CF Active Member

Hello all,
I have been reading all the posts regarding the issues with the 07 Tahoe, I just purchased my LT3 on 8/5/06 and I just took it for some warranty work, I will list the issues I was having below and let you know what they did to fix it:

Issue: Driversides door will not close all the way with light push like other doors, have to slam door to close.
Fix: Tech adjust door and weatherstriping and did not solve problem, ordered new weatherstripping (on order).

Issue: Driverside mirror vibrates at high speeds and whistles at low speeds
Fix: Tech disassembled mirror, checked torque specs on screws/bolts put back together and still had vibration, ordered new actuator (on order). Tech noticed whistling coming from both mirrors and added foam tape per bulletin and fixed the whistling issue.

Also fixed recall on HVAC: Reprogrammed HVAC Module per campaign

When I picked up the truck yesterday they did a crappy job trying to wash my truck, they got my light grey driverside mat dirty. So when I got it home I rewashed my truck because it looked like crap and as I was washing it I noticed alot of mud in my wheel wells and under my side steps....someone was offraoding in my truck....pissed me off, next time I take it in I will be sure to point that situation out.

Thanks, these were my issues with my truck and hopefully there will not be anymore, but I know that is wishful thinking.

Jay

Old August 17th, 2006, 5:16 PM
CF Active Member

<11734 DTC P0335 Set. J4365 1.4 Bulletin PIP3808A out for concern.
Related to running rough with dtc p0335 set. and concern that rpms
going to zero caused by faulty ckp sensor. Replace crankshaft position
sensor and perform ckp relearn.>

Texas...

They did the same thing to mine, among a few other things (I don't have the work order with me). I'm still going to make the dealer aware of the trans switch mentioned earlier in this thread.

Old August 18th, 2006, 11:58 PM
CF Active Member

I just came across another delight to add to my fix-it list for the next dealer visit....

I came home from shopping this evening and went to retract my mirrors to put the beast away and the passenger mirror won't swing automatically like it has every morning and every evening since I bought the truck. I manually folded it in....the automatic function wouldn't work, I manually folded it out again and tried to automatically retract it...nothing.

Anybody out there had this happen? Is it a bad motor, gears, clutch...what makes these things move? I still love my Tahoe, but...[&:]
Old August 20th, 2006, 9:17 PM
CF Active Member

Follow-up to my previous post...

I got in the thing to head out to church this morning...I guess the Lord fixed my passenger side mirror as I slept...it worked after diddling with it for 20 minutes last night without success. Miracles do happen. If I had stayed in bed like I was tempted to do, the thing might just still be broke. lol
Old June 10th, 2013, 7:25 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71 2wd Problems

I bought my Tahoe in November with 86,000 miles. I have 91,000 miles now. I have had nothing but problems. It has been in the shop for two months of the time I've owned it. My latest issue all came at once... All these electrical issues occurred at once. The stabilitrack is switching off and on, Low coolant light coming on - there is plenty of coolant, C/d Player has been just spinning the disk player, A/C has been going off and on, not working or no lights, cruise control is turning off when I roll my windows down. WTH? All this at once. I took it to the dealership again.. today, they told me it's a bad battery. My battery is only 45 days old and was in their shop for 30 days of it. I have had them check my alternator before, but they reassured me previously it was the battery having a bad cell, thus prompting me to replace the battery.
Old September 1st, 2020, 6:53 PM
CF Beginner

Hello.

i have a 2013 Tahoe LTZ. The drivers side door panel is busted up inside where the handle is to pull the door shut. Any help in replacement would be appreciated!

thank you
rich