Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Tahoe Nav with Bose Problem

Search this Thread

Old August 3rd, 2006, 12:04 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Tahoe Nav with Bose Problem

Have had the 2007 Tahoe (LT3) for about a month and I am very pleased with every thing but the sound system. I have the Nav Radio, with rear entertainment system, and Bose Premium sound. Quite frankely, the 2003 Trailblazer I replaced (6 CD changer, with Bose Sound) was far better than the mediocre sound in the Tahoe. That aside, what I'm wondering is if any one is having this problem? The user manual says that I should have the surround sound options display since I have the Bose sound (surround sound, rear sound, driver sound) but I do not get these options. I can only see the balance, fade, treble, midrange and bass settings plus the talk setting. Also, on the speed compensated volume control screen, the manual says I should see the Bose Autopilot controls, which I do not. I only see the screens that the manual says should display if I do not have the Bose Sound option.
I have had it into service and they worked on it a whole day trying to figure it out, It is still an open issue with them, and they are supposed to be researching it. They did verify that I do have the bose sound including amp and subwolfer (although you can't audibly tell that it is doing anything). Its been 2 weeks since then and I am beginning to think that I should just get used to mediocre sound. Any one having a simular problem? Does anyone have advise on what my course of action should be if I beleive that their is something wrong with the system?
Old August 3rd, 2006, 2:31 PM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: 2007 Tahoe Nav with Bose Problem

Interesting.....we have an '07 Tahoe LTZ which is fully loaded...everything but the engine block heater. I too know that it has the Bose sound system as the speakers say "Bose" right on them. As for the "Autopilot" screen, I can't get to any special "Bose" labeled config screen on the Nav display LCD. Just the normal audio settings.

I don't have the owners manual on me (it's in the truck in the garage), but let me know what page(s) you are seeing this on.

You've peaked my curiosity on this......
Old August 3rd, 2006, 3:35 PM
CF Junior Member

You're right! I just went down to the truck and checked it. Sure enough, there is no "DSP" button and no mention of "AudioPilot". There is "Speed Compensated Volume" with a "OFF/LOW/MED/HIGH"setting option, but nothing about REAR/DRIVER/ SURROUND, etc.

I could not find a DSP button at all....I did find in the Nav system manual where you are referring.

Maybe this feature didn't make it into the 2007 option list?

Anyone else have a look at this and try to see what's going on?
Old August 3rd, 2006, 4:21 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The DSP Surround Sound features were incorrectly listed as being accessible when the owner’s manual went to print. These features are only available in the Cadillac and GMC Denali products.
Old August 3rd, 2006, 4:40 PM
CF Junior Member

Lame... on an LTZ it should have been standard. The GMC Yukon is the same damn truck with different grille and lights. The Caddy is a different beast and I know that it had many other features that neither the Yukon or Tahoe have, but if the DSP SurroundSound is available in the Yukon, it should have been on the Tahoe as well.

Just plain lame!
Old August 3rd, 2006, 5:40 PM
CF Addict

You won’t get an argument out of me, but to put it all into perspective;

The GMC Denali is equipped with a 9-Speaker Bose and Enhanced Performance Lux Amplifier System with the Audio Pilot feature (just a small step up from the Tahoe) with a loaded (every option) MSRP of $56,565

The Cadillac Escalade features a 10-Speaker (w/Center Channel) Bose 5.1 Surround Sound System a nice feature but this truck has a loaded MSRP of $68,560

The (made for the mainstream society) Tahoe comes in at a paltry $52,800 with every conceivable option, so you get what you pay for, I just don’t want to pay for most of the bling associated with the two more expensive GM models just to impress the kids at the Jr. High when I pick up my own.

FYI, The Yukon (not Denali) comes in loaded at $53,870 and that truck has the same stereo and is essentially the exact same unit as the Tahoe.
Old August 3rd, 2006, 6:38 PM
CF Beginner

The DSP buttons are supposed to be on the same screen as the audio controls (treble, bass, fade, balance) -- But they are not.
Old August 3rd, 2006, 6:40 PM
CF Beginner

How did you get this information?

It was advertised this way, so should not GM deliver. Do you have any suggestions on how to proceed?
Old August 3rd, 2006, 8:21 PM
CF Addict

ORIGINAL: wmstreet

It was advertised this way, so should not GM deliver. Do you have any suggestions on how to proceed?

It was not really "advertised this way".
It is simply printed in the instruction manual.

If you look at one of the first pages (ii) in the owner’s manual it states that: "This manual includes the latest information at the time it was printed. We reserve the right to make changes after that time without further notice."
I'll have to pull out my separate Navigation radio manual but will bet that if you look hard enough you will see they have a disclaimer in there as well that will state something like: "Some features listed may not be available on all navigation/stereo systems".

My owners manual describes the use of heated 2nd row seats but my Tahoe does not have the feature, does this mean that GM owes me a set of heated 2nd row seats??? Not hardly.

You were not charged for something that you did not receive.
Old August 6th, 2006, 6:18 PM
CF Beginner

Guess I would have to disagree on it not being advertised. If you go to http://www.chevrolet.com/tahoe/features and select the Audio Systems tab. The Bose speaker system feature reads "Includes digital signal processing...". The Bose speakers is a standard feature on the LT3 which means that I did not get something I paid for!

ORIGINAL: ZX1100F1

ORIGINAL: wmstreet

It was not really "advertised this way".
It is simply printed in the instruction manual.

If you look at one of the first pages (ii) in the owner’s manual it states that: "This manual includes the latest information at the time it was printed. We reserve the right to make changes after that time without further notice."
I'll have to pull out my separate Navigation radio manual but will bet that if you look hard enough you will see they have a disclaimer in there as well that will state something like: "Some features listed may not be available on all navigation/stereo systems".

My owners manual describes the use of heated 2nd row seats but my Tahoe does not have the feature, does this mean that GM owes me a set of heated 2nd row seats??? Not hardly.

You were not charged for something that you did not receive.

Quick Reply: 2007 Tahoe Nav with Bose Problem