Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Tahoe Nav with Bose Problem

Search this Thread

Old August 7th, 2006, 4:17 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 2007 Tahoe Nav with Bose Problem

ORIGINAL: wmstreet

Guess I would have to disagree on it not being advertised. If you go to http://www.chevrolet.com/tahoe/features and select the Audio Systems tab. The Bose speaker system feature reads "Includes digital signal processing...". The Bose speakers is a standard feature on the LT3 which means that I did not get something I paid for!
You are both correct and incorrect, I'm not trying to be a jerk but let me explain;

Digital Signal Processing (DSP) and the lack of user definable Sound Fields and/or Surround Sound are two separate animals.

Every device that is capable of playing digital audio utilizes Digital Signal Processing to read the binary code and achieve the end result (sound).

There are several domain types of DSP, the type that is imbedded in the Tahoe’s sound system is One Dimensional (all channels run in real time) the type that is used in the Denali and Escalade is Spatial Multi-Dimensional meaning that each channels sound can be altered based upon a time delay(s) and added digital effects.
Old August 7th, 2006, 4:34 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, the nav unit itself bears both the Dolby Digital and DTS (surround sound) trademarks.
The Bose Speaker system is advertised to include DSP
The nav manual says that if you have the Bose Speaker system then you will have the following DSP options available

And I should understand that this is only available on "higher quality vehicles" which the manual does not even address and my 2003 Trailblazer has these options (all stock) and puts the 2007 Tahoe's highest end system to shame.

Sorry, but it does not make sense to me.
Old August 7th, 2006, 6:04 PM
CF Addict

The only reason it "makes no sense to" you is either because you haven't read or cannot comprehend my posts or that you simply don't like what you're reading and have developed a mental block.

Your old 2003 Trailblazer offered some spatial dsp effects but did not have Dolby Digital Surround Sound; the sound quality was very good in those units but mainly due to the much smaller interior volume and different acoustics of the cab, not because of the hokey sound field options.

The Denso unit in the 2007 Tahoe bears the trademarks “dts” and “Dolby Digital” to signify that the head unit is capable of these functions although the engineers at GM (in their infinite wisdom) have chosen not to enable the functions in the Bose amplifier in the 2007 Tahoe, we’ll most likely see it in the next year or two offered on Tahoe.

Page 64 and 67 of your AVALANCHE/TAHOE/SUBURBAN/YUKON/YUKON XL/YUKON DENALI/YUKON XL DENALI NAVIGATION SYSTEM 2007 MANUAL is just a typo, it reads that;

"If the system has the BOSE sound system the system will have the Digital Signal Processing (DSP), DSP is used to provide a choice of four different listening experiences."

This should read that if the system has the "Bose Luxury sound system".
Old August 7th, 2006, 7:30 PM
CF Beginner

OK, it makes sense to take your word for it that this is not supposed to be a feature on the 2007 Tahoe, and the users manual is misprinted when it clearly states that this feature should be present, and the web sight, although not clear, states that DSP is part of the package, and the nav radio itself, according to you, has the feature, but was not implemented by the GM engineers. WOW.

I would think, the "Reasonable Man" would think this should be a feature that works on a properly equipted 2007 Tahoe.

How do you know that this feature is part of the 2007 Tahoe, what evidence do you have. Are you a GM insider? I'm from Missouri and I have shown you a number of sources that a "Reasonable Man" would expect this feature to work. What can you show us that says it is not part of the 2007 Tahoe feature set.
Old August 7th, 2006, 7:55 PM
CF Addict

What kind of proof would you like? Perhaps a photo of me sitting at a banquet table with Rick Wagoner and Dr. Amar G. Bose

Here's the proof;

Does your Tahoe or anyone else's on this forum have these 4 dsp modes or Audio Pilot features available for use?

Have your Chevrolet service advisor contact GM TechLine (888-337-1010) and get GM's official response, it will be the same as mine but no matter what I post you aint buying it so do some of your own leg work here and quit pissing around acting like you were slighted.
Old August 7th, 2006, 8:32 PM
CF Beginner

Actually I have had it into service and they worked with the GM TechLine for the majority of a day trying to figure out why it does not work the way it is supposed to. It is still an outstanding issue with them and I am waiting for their response. I came accross this site and wanted to see if anyone else was having the problem and if they resolved it. That was until you came riding in on your high horse knowing all. You maybe right, but you could have given some solid facts, or gave us some credentials to give your view some weight. My customer service rep said that if we did not get an answer in a reasonable amount of time, they would take it to the Tahoe Customer Satisfaction Manager -- Maybe that's you!
Old August 7th, 2006, 9:30 PM
CF Active Member

I will weigh in and testify that my 07 LTZ does NOT have the fancy stuff reserved for the Denali. I am not upset because my unit sounds great.

I agree with ZX...
Old August 7th, 2006, 10:48 PM
CF Addict

That was until you came riding in on your high horse knowing all. You maybe right, but you could have given some solid facts, or gave us some credentials to give your view some weight. My customer service rep said that if we did not get an answer in a reasonable amount of time, they would take it to the Tahoe Customer Satisfaction Manager -- Maybe that's you!
There is no such thing as a "Tahoe Customer Satisfaction Manager".
I also thought it best to just post some good "solid facts" and leave all the "credentials" BS alone since no one really gives a damn anyway.
You, on the other hand are just a snotty, self absorbed and unreasonable person who would rather argue than seek out the truth.

Take what I say for what's worth (free advice), if you choose to use it then you may save yourself some grief and a lot of time, but one things for sure; all the arguing in the world is not going to get an updated stereo system installed (free gratis) in your Tahoe by GM.
Old January 4th, 2007, 9:16 PM
gfraigun

ZX1100F1, assuming you are correct about the misprint.. Can you tell me why then, they didn't correct the typo for the second printing of the manual? Also, the Chevy website lists under accessories that the Bose system has 6 channel audio... But it sounds like only two channels to me (left and right)... In fact when I play a THX test on the DVD system the Subwoofer never even plays.

Also, the manual is available online in PDF format, why wouldn't they correct that one, it still says the exact same thing.
Old January 4th, 2007, 10:30 PM
CF Beginner

So, the nav unit itself bears both the Dolby Digital and DTS (surround sound) trademarks.
The Bose Speaker system is advertised to include DSP
The nav manual says that if you have the Bose Speaker system then you will have the following DSP options available

And I should understand that this is only available on "higher quality vehicles" which the manual does not even address and my 2003 Trailblazer has these options (all stock) and puts the 2007 Tahoe's highest end system to shame.

Sorry, but it does not make sense to me.
+1 I agree. I started a thread on this a couple days ago..."DSP Supposed to work?" I think GM has goofed on this one big time. I consider it unfair to advertise it as there, include it in its instructions, and put little logos indicating its there on the unit. I bought 2 2007s and am very unhappy with the quality of sound I'm getting. Its incredibly bad in my Avalanche and only slightly better in the Tahoe. Neither system sounds anywhere near as good as the GMT-800s I traded in...sucks... Generally I like the vehicle and really hate to have a bad opinion but the truth is that the sound quality is just plain bad.

I can see where ZX is coming from though. He's probably dealing with the public...aka people who want something for free...all the time and has built up an intolerance. I can appreciate that, service is a tough job. I have to say though, I fault his logic. It was my interpretation as a thorough customer that DSP was included as a part of the Bose package. Does the window stickers on Denali or Escalade say that they come with DSP and audio pilot? Don't think so. To assume its not there when its marketed as there, has the logo its there, and has instructions its there is just plain and simple bait and switch. They say that they come with Bose system and its clearly reasonable that DSP is part of the Bose package. My opinion, GM to say that its not there because it wasn't supposed to be there and that we didn't pay for it is flat wrong. I thought I was paying for it when I agreed to blow $90K on two new top of the line, "More Refined, More Capable" GMTs. I'm disappointed and feel cheated.

FWIW, My '05 Denali qualified in NC under our lemon law for a new truck. It wasn't a big deal and I didn't take advantage of the corporate giant as so many others would have. I simply traded it in and expected a fair sales experience and an as advertised vehicle. I certainly don't mind paying for what I'm sold.

On another note, I've been a Bose customer for a very long time. Think it was 1976 or 77 I bought my first set of 901s, many more Bose products since. They were always among the best out there for quality and sound...and customer service. Think the opposite of GMs adversarial approach. I'm afraid to say that I think its all just a name on the plastic grill now. I want to see Dr. Bose inside my Avalanche listening...I bet he runs away crying.

Quick Reply: 2007 Tahoe Nav with Bose Problem