Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Tahoe Nav with Bose Problem

Search this Thread

Old January 19th, 2007, 11:40 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 2007 Tahoe Nav with Bose Problem

ORIGINAL: biglg

Not sure where this came from ^^^^^^^^. Was that an ice breaker Hardin Thicke?
Page 3, forth post down.
Old January 19th, 2007, 11:52 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In my opinion GM is not out there to make your vehicle shake down the road or make people deaf. The system sounds fine. I don't know if anyone turns the rear controls off, but that does have an effect on the overall sound of the system. If one is in search of a great sound system then replace the one in there and you will be spending more than 2000 on a whatone wants. I have had replaced all speakers, head unit, and added woofers/tweeters. This sounds awesome but comes at a price. Factory units/packages never sound the way you want them, that is why they make aftermarket systems. If you order a vehicle get the cheapest unit or don't get one at all. Then one can spend thousands to make it sound the way one wants. Of course this is my opinion.
Old January 19th, 2007, 12:05 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I want mine to shake like the Dodge Nitro. I want to move the cars out of my way and scoot them over to prevent door dings.
Old January 20th, 2007, 1:44 AM
CF Active Member

OK then.
Old December 9th, 2007, 1:25 PM
CF Beginner

Would like to make one comment about the Bose radio and no DSP in the 2007 Tahoe and the owner's manual language. The manual states that Chevy has the right to make changes in the product without notice. The manual was printed in 2006. Thus, in order to make a change in the product, the 2006 Tahoe would have included the Bose with DSP or, perhaps, an earlier 2007. In order to avoid possible problems, Chevy should have stated which vehicles and radios come with DSP. If Chevy never changed the product-that earlier poster has an interesting issue.
Old December 10th, 2007, 10:25 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: SJU86

Would like to make one comment about the Bose radio and no DSP in the 2007 Tahoe and the owner's manual language. The manual states that Chevy has the right to make changes in the product without notice. The manual was printed in 2006. Thus, in order to make a change in the product, the 2006 Tahoe would have included the Bose with DSP or, perhaps, an earlier 2007. In order to avoid possible problems, Chevy should have stated which vehicles and radios come with DSP. If Chevy never changed the product-that earlier poster has an interesting issue.
When GM went with a different Bose amp, they also took the system off the GM LAN. The older amp was an "intellengent" design.It had the ability to shape the audio signal coming from the head unit by adding various user selected effects. The head unit sent control commands to the amp via the LAN. As you can imagine, this amp was more costly for GM to use. For 2007, GM decided to turn control over to the head unit. The new amp receivesline level signals from the head unitvia a conventional wire harness, and lacks any ability to shape the audio signal. The minimal control functions such as volume, treble and bass are done on the head unit itself. The amp still loads from flash an EQ for the specific vehicle it's being used in, but beyond that, it does nothing more than amplify.
Old December 10th, 2007, 1:51 PM
CF Beginner

After some more research, it would appear that the manual was printed for the 2007 models, even though printed 2006. So, the product would have had to change, not from 2006 models, but from earlier 2007 models. I wonder if any chages have been made from the intial 2007s through the end of 2007 production?
Old January 10th, 2008, 10:24 PM
CF Beginner

I just joined after reading all 87 of these posts. Entertaining and informative to say the least. My LTZ Avalanche resembles all these posts; obviously no DSP functionality. I understand why now it doesn't but can't help being dissappointed and disillusioned with GM. I studied the manual thououghly on the flight home tonight intent on learning how to activate a feature I thought I had and planned to go to the stealer tomorrow and ask about it, now an obvious waste of time. I believe I was mislead by the published literature including the window sticker as to the system capability.The last post was intriguing. Would it be posssible to go back to the 2006 vintage amps to retrofit functionality? I'm generally enjoying the truck so far (at 1300 miles) but must agree the sound system is mediocre at best for a near fifty thousand dollar vehicle; Dr. Bose sould be ashamed to have his name on it. Having been an audiophile the last 40 years I know a well executed stereo system can be exceptional. What have been found to be the most cost efficient improvements after speaker upgrades?
Old January 28th, 2008, 9:57 PM
CF Beginner

Nav Radio Problem People:[/align][/align]I have an 07 LTZ and I was just about to spend $2,500 for a JL Audio system as I have had enough with the awful sound. I have had several GM vehicles with Bose systems (Cadillacs and my other truck is an 01 Denali) and they always sounded ok.[/align][/align]I sent the Bose OEM enginerring team two emails and they never responded.............sad. The ysold their souls for volume![/align][/align]Has anyone found a way out of this.............Lemon Law, GM tech support, etc.[/align][/align]Just give me $2K and I will fix it myself![/align][/align]
Old April 26th, 2012, 3:41 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Default turn by turn

how do you adjust the turn by turn direction on the nav system i have a 2007 suburban lt2 with nav

Quick Reply: 2007 Tahoe Nav with Bose Problem