Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 tahoe Nav question

Search this Thread

Old January 26th, 2007, 11:49 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 tahoe Nav question

I have a 2007 LTZ with navigation and I was trying to figure out is there ANY option and how and where can you change the map to the way your going instead of it always being N and S E and W....meaning when I look at the map and it tells me to go to the highlighted route it will look like I need to turn right when really I need to go east from whatever direction I am facing...I want to turn the map to the way I am going so I can look at the map and see the road just as I see it on the road..if that makes sense...

my other question is HOW the heck can you turn off that crap on the right hand side of the screen that tells you every exit your going to pass and what food places are there...I took all POI off but it still takes of half the screen when I am driving down a highway and tells me in a box every exit that is coming up and what is there..food, gass etc...and I hate it..I dont care what is ahead and it takes away from the full map and makes it hard to see the current map as I travel...those are the 2 things I hate about the nav and wonder if I can change it at all? THANKS!
Old January 26th, 2007, 11:57 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: 2007 tahoe Nav question

To get the icon to go the same direction on screen that you are going, just press on the compass on the nav screen. You see it change from always facing north to the way you prefer. It goes to another preference too, I just dont know the names of them. Just keep pressing until you get it the way you want it.

And you and me are in the same boat with you 2nd question, I would to take that stuff too.
Old January 27th, 2007, 12:12 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

awesome thank you...I will try it out tomorrow! As far as question #2...I was hoping there was a fix for this too lol I have tried everything and can't get it to not do it...grrrr lol hopefully someone will come along and know a fix for it.
Old January 27th, 2007, 2:12 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Youre very welcome!