Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Tahoe Owner...

Search this Thread

Old May 27th, 2006, 5:29 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Tahoe Owner...

I've had a 2007 Tahoe LT for about a month and have some questions/comments...

1. For HID lights, can I just replace the bulbs or should I get the kit. I'd like to put 8000k HID's but I'm not sure which way to go. What are the advatages and disadvantages. Also, will it melt the housing? What are the part numbers that will fit? And where can I purchase them for a decent price?

2. I went to a nearby Autobacs and they will have the chrome bowties (front and rear) in a few weeks. I hope I don't mess up trying to install them.

3. I have 305/45/22's that rub during a full turn. Is this preventable?

4. Are the Euro tailights available for the 2007 Tahoe yet?

Any feedback is appreciated. THANKS!!!

Old June 29th, 2006, 12:20 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: 2007 Tahoe Owner...

I have had a Tahoe for about the same and I may be able to help with some of the questions.

1. I would reccomend to get the entire kit because the stock reflectors werent meant for that high power of light. What i mean is that there will be a glare for the oncoming traffic as you drive because the reflectors arent made for new hid bulbs. I have heard of some people reaiming their bulbs with the factory housing and having some success. Also be aware that the hid lights themselves are illegal because of the potential glare they produce. Which means that you may find a good price but dont count on that company being around for a long time. The new bulbs will not melt the housing because they do not burn as hot as the factory halogens. I think that you will be looking for an H11 kit. I have seen kits all over the internet with prices about the same. Also remember that the higher the output the more color you will see in the light and the less output is provides.

2. The chrome bowties are nice for the look. Alot better than the gold imo. The front bowtie is attached by two press nuts and then double sided tape. Use a socket to undo the press nuts and then carefully pry the tape off. The rear emblem is just taped on. There are different ways to take off the tape, the best I have used is to heat the emblem carefully to loosen the tape and then use floss or fishing line to detach the emblem.

3. It is preventable by trimming the inner fenderwell that shows the rub marks on it. People have also had success by running cables pulling the fenderwell towards the engine to provide the wheels/tires with more room. I have the same size tires and i trimmed a little of the fender but havent used the tie method.

4. Have yet to see any euro tailights. but i havent looked very hard.

Hope this helps.
Collins
Old June 29th, 2006, 12:22 PM
CF Beginner

One more thing, be aware that when you remove the rear bowtie that there will be two small guide holes drilled into the body and an impression in the middle of the area. So either have a replacement ready or be ready to fill and cover those holes.
Old June 29th, 2006, 12:38 PM
CF Beginner

Awesome! Thank you so much for the info!

I actually have replaced the front bowtie and it looks pretty good. The gold just seemed to gawdy. I have yet to find the rear bowtie. Have you?
Old June 30th, 2006, 2:54 PM
CF Beginner

Well I had found one off of ebay. But when i got it there was a big scratch down the side. So i sent it back and are waiting for the replacement one to get in. Got mine from autoaccessory4u or something like that. They have been good to work with so far.

Collins
Old May 21st, 2007, 11:34 PM
CF Beginner

hey, i will like to put some HID on my tahoe LTZ 2007, i will like to know wich of the kit i need, like what time of bulb that i need.