Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Tahoe Problems...please post comments

Search this Thread

Old May 9th, 2007, 12:42 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2007 Tahoe Problems...please post comments

I have an 07 Tahoe and after a few minutes of driving the truck makes a squealing/squeaking sound when accelerating at low speeds (driving through neighborhoods)[:'(]. Once at speed (~30 mph), the noise goes away. I have not noticed any performance changes associated with this noise.

There's a slightly older thread regarding this engine noise and hopefully we will have an update from the person that is getting their trucked inspected.

Old May 9th, 2007, 3:18 PM
CF Beginner

ORIGINAL: cocodrie55

I have about 4k miles on mine and don't see any of the mentioned problems, except the air sometimes blows real hard on startup, thensettles down after a few minutes, even if the temp isn't that hot. I do have an annoying transmission problem when I shift from reverse to drive, then step on the gas the transmission acts like it isn't in drive yet and there is a slight jerk when it goes into drive. I give it time to change into drive from reverse but it still does it. I'll mention it when I take it in for my free oil change. Otherwise ok. Gas mileage getting a little better, about 17 mpg avg now.
I have about 8k miles on mine and gladly no transmission problems, but the same trouble with the air. Good luck to all of you witha transmission problem, I hope you get the problem fixed soon.
Old May 9th, 2007, 8:55 PM
CF Junior Member

had the same problem with radio playing for about 15 minutes after I turned off the vehicle..... tahoe would not start... had to call road service.... that was the first night i took the vehicle home after writing a check for $32,500.... learned my lesson no problems since....
Old May 12th, 2007, 10:32 PM
CF Beginner

I have an 07 Tahoe bought new. It now has 9700 miles. I have been complaining of the vibrating drivers mirror, a muted horn blowing sound when accelerating uphill and my transmission slipping. The drivers mirror has been fixed twice, but with no change to the vibration. The dealer could not duplicate the sound and will not ride with me to for me to show them and finally the transmission had a final slip this past week and is now in the shop waiting to be taken apart and a [sprag] replaced. I had an 03 prior and never had an issue. Has anyone had their transmission repaired with no future problems? I am concerned that this may be an issue I have to deal with after the warranty wears out.
Old May 13th, 2007, 9:53 AM
CF Junior Member

Warrinty is for 5 years 100,000 miles. By the way if they have fixed it once and the same thing happens again they have to fix it anyway. They have a warrinty on all GM serviced parts and work. Even if the 100,000 or 5 years is up. Check with your dealer about it.
Old May 13th, 2007, 8:03 PM
CF Beginner

I have a 2007 Tahoe 11,000 miles. 2000 miles ago battery started dying super fast, after a week of jump starting it I took it in. They updated my computer and put in a new battery. They said I was the first one around here to need this update. Its all good now
Old June 3rd, 2007, 9:17 PM
CF Beginner

I have this exact same "muted horn" sound in my '07 LTZ. I am planning on taking it in next week to get serviced. The horn sound is driving me CRAZY!!! It's happening more and more. Has anyone else dealt with this issue and had a dealership successfully identify what it is caused by??? My transmission is also having problems. I notice it slips when pulling away from a non-complete stop, but more alarming to me is that when I come to a stop a few seconds later it feels like a am being gently rear ended....a slight thud. The other day it was a really hard thud and happened at least 30 seconds to a minute after I had already been sitting at a light. It seems to be more noticeable when I have a harder/faster stop than a nice slow down. Does this sound like the same problem everyone else has been having. Most of what I have researched so far seems to be the slipping upon take off. Also, when I have my ipod plugged into the audio jack I very often get a whistling sound....you can hear the pitch change with acceleration. Anyone have any thoughts on that. I am also having an issue with the A/C. It doesn't seem to be as cold as it should be initially and it has a mildewy smell to it. I also have the rear view molding issue to be resolved. What do you think the odds are of getting a loaner while it is in for all this??? I am a single mom of 3 boys---including 8 yr old twins that have All Star baseball practice every day of the week!!!! What am I going to do without a car!!!! if anyone has any thoughts to share with me I would appreciate it. At least if I know a little about what I am talking about they won't think they can screw me over!!!

Thanks so much everyone!!
Amanda[:-]
Old June 25th, 2007, 4:26 PM
CF Beginner

The only problem I seem to have is squeaky brakes. It happens at random. I thought it was because of the colder temps back in Winter, but now even in the summer the brakes seem to squeak when pulling out of a parking lot and having to stop every 20 feet or so. I took it to the dealer a while back and they said cause of the metalic pads, this was going to happen. WTF?
Old July 12th, 2007, 10:37 AM
CF Beginner

ORIGINAL: mossimo

The only problem I seem to have is squeaky brakes. It happens at random. I thought it was because of the colder temps back in Winter, but now even in the summer the brakes seem to squeak when pulling out of a parking lot and having to stop every 20 feet or so. I took it to the dealer a while back and they said cause of the metalic pads, this was going to happen. WTF?
hmm, I started having the same problem and after the 3rd repair attempt, I was told the same thing about the metallice brakes, however I owned a 2004 Tahoe and never came across this issue. Also, the brake pedal is squeeking.....and still haven't been repaired after 3 attempts.........

But also had the same issue about the vibrating driver side mirror.
Old December 6th, 2007, 2:38 PM
CF Beginner

Well I have an 07 Tahoe LT3... has 3000 miles on it..
Went to get the oil changed yesterday and the guy told me I was leaking transmission fluid and he didn't want to change the oil, I needed to take it back to the dealership.
Took it over to the dealership and about 45 minutes later a man came out and told me they were going to have to pull my transmission out!

Has anyone else experienced this problem??
This really terrifies me so early having to havethe transmission taken out. I am thinking now that maybe I should get rid of it because I do not want a vehicle that is going to have transmission problems the rest of the time I own it!

Quick Reply: 2007 Tahoe Problems...please post comments