Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Tahoe Radio/dash lights stays on after door is open

Search this Thread

Old October 3rd, 2010, 1:17 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Tahoe Radio/dash lights stays on after door is open

I have a 2007 tahoe and now the radio and dash lights stay on after I exit the auto. At one time the radio and lights would turn off when I opened the door, now it doesn't. How do I fix it?
Old October 3rd, 2010, 8:47 PM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

The Retained Electrical Power should only shut off when the driver's door is opened or after ten minutes.
Old August 30th, 2012, 6:33 AM
CF Beginner

Did a search and located this old thread. My 07 has started the same thing...Radio and dash lights remain on AFTER opening and closing the driver door. Anybody know how to remedy this issue - I don't want my wife to start getting stuck with a dead battery.
Old August 30th, 2012, 11:34 AM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts

Might try disconnecting the battery for 10-20 minutes. Otherwise will probably have to go to service.

Does the radio and lites shut off after ten minutes?
Old August 30th, 2012, 2:46 PM
CF Beginner

OK, I'll give that a shot. If I close the door and leave it it turns off in ten sometimes, but not always.
Old September 3rd, 2012, 9:02 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No, the guy with all the posts is unclear, apparently. LOL The radio should turn off when the door is first opened - obviously - when you open it to get out. And it certainly should not stay on after its closed. I have posted on this issue and trying to resolve still. Or at least perhaps someone suggested on a thread I started to resolve my A/C not working right.

It would appear that the door switch has failed I am speculating. But your horror could get worse as apparently the A/C May start to fail in normal operation due to this as it could somehow affect the calibration of the a/c system. I have only deduced this as I saw some threads on a "reset" proceedure for tahoe a/c problems blowing hot, or not cold on some or all vents. So watch out for a/c issues. My A/C stopped blowing cold on the front vents about 4 weeks after I noted the radio staying on... I am going to address with the dealer and try to document failure of past door related repair to get the door claim reopened (which I suspect started all this)...

Ironically, and I have not had time, but I dont think the switch is readily visible. Of course I have only looked at night LOL so perhaps its right there. Its amazing how little projects become impossible with no time these days...
The following users liked this post:
Vintage Doll (September 24th, 2020)
Old September 5th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by nole76
Did a search and located this old thread. My 07 has started the same thing...Radio and dash lights remain on AFTER opening and closing the driver door. Anybody know how to remedy this issue - I don't want my wife to start getting stuck with a dead battery.
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> nole76,

I'm sorry you are experiencing this issue with your vehicle. This may be occurring due to a door latch assembly issue; this is just a suggestion, not a diagnosis.

I encourage you to consult with a certified technician for additional assistance. They will be able to offer an official diagnosis after inspecting the vehicle.

Please keep us posted.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact me privately.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old September 6th, 2012, 7:42 PM
CF Beginner

Just had this fixed today on my 2007 Tahoe LTZ. Bad switch/sensor on the door latch. $270 parts and labor at local shop.

Look in latch assembly to see a white plasti piece. That was my issue. Loose wire or went bad.
Old September 7th, 2012, 11:58 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

We're glad to hear that you got the electrical concern resolved on your Tahoe!
Many more happy miles!
Sarah (Assisting Louis), Chevrolet Customer Service
Old September 7th, 2012, 9:57 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
We're glad to hear that you got the electrical concern resolved on your Tahoe!
Many more happy miles!
Sarah (Assisting Louis), Chevrolet Customer Service
Don't know if spending $270 for a little switch would make my miles happy....just saying.

Quick Reply: 2007 Tahoe Radio/dash lights stays on after door is open