Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Tahoe Radio/dash lights stays on after door is open

Search this Thread

Old September 24th, 2020, 8:50 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wow

Originally Posted by bbc3
No, the guy with all the posts is unclear, apparently. LOL The radio should turn off when the door is first opened - obviously - when you open it to get out. And it certainly should not stay on after its closed. I have posted on this issue and trying to resolve still. Or at least perhaps someone suggested on a thread I started to resolve my A/C not working right.

It would appear that the door switch has failed I am speculating. But your horror could get worse as apparently the A/C May start to fail in normal operation due to this as it could somehow affect the calibration of the a/c system. I have only deduced this as I saw some threads on a "reset" proceedure for tahoe a/c problems blowing hot, or not cold on some or all vents. So watch out for a/c issues. My A/C stopped blowing cold on the front vents about 4 weeks after I noted the radio staying on... I am going to address with the dealer and try to document failure of past door related repair to get the door claim reopened (which I suspect started all this)...

Ironically, and I have not had time, but I dont think the switch is readily visible. Of course I have only looked at night LOL so perhaps its right there. Its amazing how little projects become impossible with no time these days...

i had no idea and we have been trying to figure out the whole a/c blowing hot air for the past two months now. Have only had the Tahoe for 4 months no warranty was offered from dealer. Had to replace the battery and starter. Then the a/c went out now the radio and interior stays on after key is removed and doors opened and closed. So we have to repeat the process to stop it and turn off. It’s quite annoying. I am so appreciative that you have linked these together in regards to watching out for all that. Were you able to fix it? Was it just the switch?
Old April 28th, 2024, 12:32 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What was it??? Please and thanks. Same issues exactly , lights staying on killing battery after key and door