Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Tahoe Radio Knob - Help

Search this Thread

Old April 19th, 2009, 10:44 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Tahoe Radio **** - Help

I have a 2007 Z71 Tahoe with "rear radio control" built into the back of the center console. My problem is that one of the two rear radio control ***** fell off and is no where to be found. I went to my local Chevy dealer on Friday in an attempt to purchase a replacement **** but was told that if I wanted to replace the **** I would have to purchase a brand new rear radio - needless to say, I didn't.

I was hoping that some/all members on this forum would know how I might go about finding a replacement **** without buying a brand new radio.

Thanks for your help in advance...

(Camera phone picture)
Old April 19th, 2009, 11:17 AM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

If you're in the US see www.autocraft.com In Canada see www.mass.ca

These are the radio repair centers for GM radios.....they may or may not deal with you directly, but they should be able to give you some kind of answer on where to find them
Old April 19th, 2009, 12:26 PM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

I browsed GMpartsdirect and didn't find anything but I don't have the vested interest you do.
You could also try EBAY

pull the other **** and see if there is a part number, I tried to look at mine but it did not budge.

I'm always jumping on the kids to be careful when they throw their backbacks onto to the floor and get to flopping their feet around to watch out for those ***** and buttons.
Same with the cup holder that is in the console as well, all it will take is one careless foot or backpack with 40 lbs of books and that holder is gone.....

Kids are also bad about trying to walk out of the second row rather then scooting to the end of the seat to the door, they stand up and stoop over, the DVD has had a head banged on it a time or two, I try to put it up and away prior to stopping and getting out.
My niece had her DVD broken off when one of the kids stood up and inadvertently head butted it while getting up to get out....
My fix worked but it wasn't pretty
Old April 19th, 2009, 12:28 PM
Administrator

Oh and by the way GMpartdirect DOES have the power outlet covers.....
Old April 19th, 2009, 2:56 PM
CF Beginner

quick update....

I tried to remove the other **** to find a part number but was unsuccessful. I wedged a flat head screw driver in between the **** and the radio and I felt like I was going to break either the radio or the **** so I stopped.

I also gave gmpartsdirect a try...no luck.

I will give autocraft a call on monday. Any other suggestions in the mean time would be great!

Thanks again.
Old April 19th, 2009, 6:01 PM
Administrator

I'd make sure the **** is just missing and not broken off, if they are that hard to get off then something had to have happen to make it come off.
Can you see the **** stud and does it look like the **** will just press back on?
Old April 19th, 2009, 6:08 PM
Administrator

found this on parttaxi.com website

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...layCatalogid=0
Attached Thumbnails 2007 Tahoe Radio Knob - Help-capture1.jpg   2007 Tahoe Radio Knob - Help-gc07495.jpg  
Old April 19th, 2009, 7:26 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by in2pro
I'd make sure the **** is just missing and not broken off, if they are that hard to get off then something had to have happen to make it come off.
Can you see the **** stud and does it look like the **** will just press back on?
The plastic piece that sticks out from the radio (the inner **** if you will) looks normal, no signs of stress, or breaks, or jagged edges, which is why I assumed that it just "fell off" or somethig along those lines.

The GM Dealer I went to tried to sell me part #24 in the graphic you found
Old August 12th, 2013, 7:57 AM
CF Beginner

I have the same problem Chevy wants to sell the whole radio instead of the **** a very poor marketing stunt.
Old August 13th, 2013, 8:17 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yeah all the dealers are the same. the tire valve stem broke at the threads on my wifes mazda 6. of course its a pos tpms sensor. i managed to get it out of the tire and saw that the valve just slides right into a clip. no one sells these seperately. and i would have to buy the entire sensor! $102 at mazda??? so i ended up buying a dorman valve stem $9 and used a grinder to shape it to what i needed. but needless to say it's ridiculous that they want sell you these cheap parts because they won't make money off them

Quick Reply: 2007 Tahoe Radio Knob - Help