Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 TAHOE REMOTE START

Search this Thread

Old December 5th, 2007, 12:20 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 TAHOE REMOTE START

I'D LIKE TO HAVE A REMOTE START INSTALLED IN MY 2007 TAHOE LS, I ORIGINALLY PLANNED TO HAVE A GM ACCESSORY REMOTE START INSTALLED,BUT NOW AM RELUCTANT TO AFTER READING PREVIOUS THREADS WITH COMPLAINTS ABOUT LIMITED RANGE AND INCONSISTENT STARTING IF THE POWER LOCK BUTTON IS PUSHED MORE THAN ONCE PRIOR TO START?? I SEE GM ACCESSORY'S PART NUMBER 17801237 REMOTE START FOR MY TAHOE HAS BEEN REPLACED BY GM ACCESSORY PART NUMBER 19154444, HAS IT BEEN IMPROVED?MAYBE ZX DAVE KNOWS WHY THE PART NUMBER WAS REPLACED?
I'M ALSO RELUCTANT TO GO WITH AN AFTERMARKET SYSTEM AFTER HAVING PROBLEMS WITH ON IN MY CADILLAC STS (STARTED TWICE ON IT'S OWN LAST WEEKEND). I NEED TO MAKE A DECISION ON WHETHER TO INSTALL A GM REMOTE START OR AN AFTERMARKET ONE IN MY 2007 TAHOE, HELP!

HOW ABOUT SOME INPUT FROM REMOTE START USERS ON RPO CODE AP8 VEHICLES LIKEA 2007 TAHOE THAT ARE USING A GM REMOTE START, OR AN AFTERMARKET ONE? DO THE AFTERMARKET REMOTE START SYSTEMS HAVE THE SAME INCONSISTENCIES? RANGE? WHO INSTALLED WHAT, WHO IS HAPPY AND WHO ISSORRY THAT THEY DIDN'T BUY ONE OR THE OTHER?
Old December 5th, 2007, 6:28 AM
CF Beginner

Default RE: 2007 TAHOE REMOTE START

I have a 2007 Tahoe LT1 that did not have the remote start in it whenI purchased it, but did have the AP8 thingy, I had the GM remote start (bought from GMpartsdirect.com)installed by the dealer, there really wasn't much to install just a reprogram and two new key fobs. I've had it now for 10 months and NO problems. I did move the antenna wire like it is posted on here, somewhere and it works great,I didn't try it before I moved the antenna wire soI can't say that moving the wired helped.

I am in favor of a factory parts that can be reprogrammed, over an aftermarket part that has to be spliced in or wired in. Just my 2 cents worth.
Old December 5th, 2007, 9:24 AM
CF Junior Member

I have the GM remote start on mine. No complaints!Every morning before going to work i remote start the tahoe from inside the house! No problems for me! I'd go GM if i were you!
Old December 5th, 2007, 9:43 AM
CF Junior Member

Factory start on mine.
I had some issues with range at first, but I moved the antenna from for harness and moved it up a little bit. I gave me at least double the range.
I use it at work. From my desk to a parking garage about a block away.

Awesome!
Old December 5th, 2007, 10:29 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: tbrend
I moved the antenna from theharness and moved it up a little bit. I gave me at least double the range.
Great tip! Where is this antenna located? Please describe in detail! Does this improve all keyfob functions or just the remote start?
Old December 5th, 2007, 11:11 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: snomon

ORIGINAL: tbrend
I moved the antenna from theharness and moved it up a little bit. I gave me at least double the range.
Great tip! Where is this antenna located? Please describe in detail! Does this improve all keyfob functions or just the remote start?
Try here:

https://chevroletforum.com/m_11353/tm.htm
Old December 5th, 2007, 11:12 AM
CF Junior Member

Here is the thread for all the info. The "guts" of the post is on page 4 - 5. I think there are pics. It only took me about 10 min. to do.

It does increase the range of everything.

Good Luck!

https://chevroletforum.com/m_11353/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm
Old December 5th, 2007, 1:05 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

factory remote start here. No issues. Range is plenty for me
Old December 5th, 2007, 1:59 PM
CF Senior Member

I can remote start my truck from accross the mall parking lot... That's got to be a 1/4 mile?
Old December 5th, 2007, 2:50 PM
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 152 Posts

I ordered mine w/ factory remote start and have had no problems. Range is adequate for me.

Still waiting for the two-way LCD remote tho.

Quick Reply: 2007 TAHOE REMOTE START