Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Tahoe Sabilitrak

Search this Thread

Old February 22nd, 2013, 4:33 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Tahoe Sabilitrak

I recently purchased a 2007 Tahoe LT and changed the front drivers side hub assembly because it had play in it. Once I got it put back together it drove fine for a day, then the problems started. Its giving me the codes for Traction Control System, Stabilitrak Off, and Check Engine Light. The truck is shifting hard from 1st to 2nd, and has a miss in cylinder 1. It has a very rough idle also. Ive called multiple GM service centers, and their all telling me i have two seperate problems even though they started at exactly the same time. Whats confusing me, if it is two sepereate problems, why would a miss in cylinder 1 cause it to shift hard from 1st to 2nd. this problem has got me extremely frustrated. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dan.
Old February 22nd, 2013, 6:37 PM
Super Moderator

Received 511 Likes on 471 Posts

you probably have one problem.

the traction control system limits power by retarding ignition timing or downshifting the transmission. if a drivability problem is occuring that interferes with this operation, the ses, abs and trac light will all come on.

get the codes read in powertrain and chassis systems.

gm service writers do not fix cars, mechanics fixs cars.
Old February 22nd, 2013, 6:54 PM
New User

Originally Posted by tech2
you probably have one problem.

the traction control system limits power by retarding ignition timing or downshifting the transmission. if a drivability problem is occuring that interferes with this operation, the ses, abs and trac light will all come on.

get the codes read in powertrain and chassis systems.

gm service writers do not fix cars, mechanics fixs cars.

Thanks for the reply, yea im still hoping its one problem. I also had it read at a local mechanic. It still has a code for my front left hub, so im thinkin it could be the plug, or Napa sold me a junk hub. But the mechanic also seemed to think it was two seperate problems. He said that although the computers do interact, they are not the same. I am pretty unlucky when it comes to things like this, but for both lights to come on at the same time and both problems to start at the same time, im thinkin its one problem and its not making it easy for me to find the source. The plug from the vehicle on the frame to the hub looks good, but im gonna replace it because i dont believe its a bad hub they sold me. what sucks is the plug is 46 bucks but if it fixes my problem it'll be well worth it.
Old February 22nd, 2013, 9:37 PM
Super Moderator

get the powertrain codes read. Go to a better mechanic, your current one sounds lost.
Old February 26th, 2013, 10:40 AM
New User

Originally Posted by tech2
get the powertrain codes read. Go to a better mechanic, your current one sounds lost.
well after trying to figure out the problem for 5 days I found a good mechanic in a nearby city, (i live in the country) it turns out the hub i changed isnt the problem. Turns out I have no compression in cylinder number 1. Im not very happy about it considering i bought the truck 3 weekes ago, but i know the guy i bought it from and im positive he didnt know about the problem when he sold it to me. So now i have to figure out what to do next, thankfully i found this site because it seems like alot of people on here know what their talking about. Thanks for the help by the way, i went online and looked up ratings for mechanics around where i live and found a really good one. He figured out the problem in 1 hour.
Old February 26th, 2013, 8:47 PM
Super Moderator

hope it works out for you
Old March 22nd, 2013, 8:59 AM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by DPMS556
well after trying to figure out the problem for 5 days I found a good mechanic in a nearby city, (i live in the country) it turns out the hub i changed isnt the problem. Turns out I have no compression in cylinder number 1. Im not very happy about it considering i bought the truck 3 weekes ago, but i know the guy i bought it from and im positive he didnt know about the problem when he sold it to me. So now i have to figure out what to do next, thankfully i found this site because it seems like alot of people on here know what their talking about. Thanks for the help by the way, i went online and looked up ratings for mechanics around where i live and found a really good one. He figured out the problem in 1 hour.
Hate to bump a somewhat old thread, but did you ever get that fixed?