Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Tahoe wheel alignment question

Search this Thread

Old April 1st, 2016, 1:49 PM
Super Moderator

Received 509 Likes on 469 Posts

I think I know what they did. Were you able to watch the tech do the alignment? before I comment go out and look at your front upper control arms where they bolt to the frame.

the upper control arm eccentrics there will have a factory plastic insert. one white and one blue on each eccentric. are they removed or still in place?
Old April 1st, 2016, 3:46 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I was not able to watch the tech do the alignment. I'm not sure of the part you are asking me to look at but I will go out in a bit and take a look. Just to be sure we are on the same page, the issue is still there which is the front right wheel still sticks out a bit more than the left side.
Old April 1st, 2016, 4:07 PM
CF Senior Member

Ok I think I got the pics you're wanting to see...this should be the right side
Attached Thumbnails 2007 Tahoe wheel alignment question-img_0863.jpg   2007 Tahoe wheel alignment question-img_0862.jpg   2007 Tahoe wheel alignment question-img_0861.jpg   2007 Tahoe wheel alignment question-img_0860.jpg  
Old April 1st, 2016, 4:10 PM
CF Senior Member

Here is the left side...I think...I got confused after took the pics lol
Attached Thumbnails 2007 Tahoe wheel alignment question-img_0859.jpg   2007 Tahoe wheel alignment question-img_0858.jpg   2007 Tahoe wheel alignment question-img_0857.jpg  
Old April 1st, 2016, 6:32 PM
Super Moderator

the knockouts are not there. they must be removed to make caster and camber adjustments.
to me, after having a good look at the before and after measurements; they may have just done an alignment check and adjusted nothing at all.

that being said , the present settings will not cause camber wear. caster is not a tire wear angle and the toe is not perfect but pretty close.
Old April 2nd, 2016, 7:01 AM
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by tech2
the knockouts are not there. they must be removed to make caster and camber adjustments.
to me, after having a good look at the before and after measurements; they may have just done an alignment check and adjusted nothing at all.

that being said , the present settings will not cause camber wear. caster is not a tire wear angle and the toe is not perfect but pretty close.
Awesome news! Thanks so much for your time! So just for future reference if I get the itch to want to get the right front wheel adjusted in more, what is the best thing for me to say or ask for? I'm thinking I just may have to go to a dedicated alignment place for this to be done, someone who will be willing to go the extra mile for me even though its not their car. Thanks again!
Old April 2nd, 2016, 9:42 AM
Super Moderator

tell them you want caster, camber and toe set to the preferred setting in the center of the targets. also tell them, the steering wheel must be centered when done.

cross camber must be within 0.5 degrees side to side
cross caster must be within 0.5 degrees side to side

even with these ideal settings, you probably won't notice anything different driving from the way its driving now.
Old April 2nd, 2016, 9:54 AM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

tell them you want caster, camber and toe set to the preferred setting in the center of the targets. also tell them, the steering wheel must be centered when done.

even with these ideal settings, you probably won't notice anything different driving from the way its driving now.

I have watched the Firestone guy when he did my alignment, after getting the truck on the rack, he used a belt or rope to hold the steering wheel center while they did the alignment. It has tracked well since the alignment after getting new tires.
Old April 2nd, 2016, 12:27 PM
CF Senior Member

Thank you sir!
Old April 2nd, 2016, 4:52 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by in2pro
he used a belt or rope to hold the steering wheel center while they did the alignment.
never seen that but can't argue with the results. all aligners come with a metal steering wheel holder. If you use the "ez toe setting"....no steering wheel holder is needed.