Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Tahoe wheel alignment question

Search this Thread

Old April 4th, 2016, 8:16 PM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

only time I locked down the steering wheel is on those damn dodge pickups....so many hours lost aligning those turds and then end up with the steering wheel off just to have to adjust some more
Old April 4th, 2016, 9:33 PM
Super Moderator

Received 509 Likes on 469 Posts

now that I work for fca aka dodge dealer....guess who gets to do all the coil and link suspension alignments. I soon found out why not one else wanted to do them. Every one had off-centered steering. My aligner has a steering level check function...so now after completing the final toe adjustments, I do the level check before the heads come off. Only thing that works for me.
Old April 5th, 2016, 1:46 PM
CF Veteran

I got to where I didn't use the machines steering wheel functions on any dodge without rack and pinion, get everything set then bug someone to sit in the cab and adjust the steering wheel. Not "the right way" but it worked and saved a ton of time

Nothing pissed me off more than gaining 2-3hrs doing the repair just to lose all or most of it on the alignment.
Old April 9th, 2016, 9:23 PM
Super Moderator

Received 509 Likes on 469 Posts

welcome to the club. I'm having the same problems. First, I thought it was something I was doing, them the machines fault. We brought in the snapon alignment guru to check out the aligner and my set up. No change.
Old September 26th, 2018, 8:20 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by 73shark
Would that be true for GMs experiment w/ 4 wheel steering a few years ago?
I know this is old and I came across this while looking up alignment needed on my new to me '13 1500 suburban, but to answer your question the short hand of this procedure is ensuring a correct motor/sensor center, and if any adjustment is needed only toe is adjusted. If any other alignment is off before adjustment then due to the nature of the solid rear axle they will be corrected when toe is corrected.