Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2008 tahoe ltx power liftgate issues

Search this Thread

Old December 18th, 2015, 11:38 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 tahoe ltx power liftgate issues

My power liftgate on my 2008 tahoe ltz wont open or close automatically with pushing any buttom on liftgate, key remote or using button on visor. I have checked button it is not set in manual mode. I can open and close in manual mode but dont understand why my automatic just stopped working. If i open in manual mode then switch to auto to try and close it by pushing bottom it drops a slightly like it wants to close but doesnt. I can hear latch doing something but not sure if motor is out or what? any test that i can do to try and see if motor is out??
Old December 18th, 2015, 2:54 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The lift gate latch has switch (s) in it. The lift gate module won't operate the lift gate if a switch fails and /or sets a code. If latch is the most likely failed part. If you can't have codes checked, then start with the latch. please follow up with summery or fix. thank you