Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old July 22nd, 2015, 1:51 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Steering and Suspension
Print Wikipost

2008 Tahoe LTZ needs Shocks and Struts

Search this Thread

Old August 1st, 2012, 10:57 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got an email from some guy in GM customer service and since the d'bag at the dealership I went to yesterday was such a jerk to me, I told this guy that I was not interested in bringing my vehicle back to them to get it fixed. He told me I had to have the dealership that I want to use actually diagnose the problem. I've got over $200 sunk in to diagnosing that the F%$#@*& door actuators are broken and he wants me to spend more?????

I just sent him an email explaining that they need to accept the documentation I have from the dealership yesterday as golden and I also went on to explain all the other issues this POS has had. Worst $56K I've ever spent...
Old August 8th, 2012, 1:46 PM
CF Beginner

They gave in and my Tahoe is at the dealer I prefer getting all 4 actuators replaced free of charge!

New shocks and struts were installed last week to the tune of just over $1,000.

Couple weeks ago, I thought I was going to have to put about $3,000-$4,000 into this POS but it only cost me $1,000. So, I'm satisfied. For now.
Old August 8th, 2012, 9:05 PM
CF Junior Member

Originally Posted by ArnottInc

Hi, Your local repair shop should have no problem installing the Arnott replacement's for your Tahoe. They will be able to buy our parts from WorldPac or parts stores such as O'Rielly or Advanced Auto Parts. The kits come complete with instructions but you can look at our parts and download the manuals here: CHEVROLET - Tahoe 1500 2000-2006 (4x2, 4x4) w/ Autoride Suspension

Regards,

Doug
Thanks Doug! I talked to mech last week and he's suppose to be calling Advanced to check on the kit. He originally wanted to install a Monroe system but I said I preferred that it eliminate the fault code and he wasn't sure Monroe did that.
Old August 13th, 2012, 12:12 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by CMarkus
They gave in and my Tahoe is at the dealer I prefer getting all 4 actuators replaced free of charge!

New shocks and struts were installed last week to the tune of just over $1,000.

Couple weeks ago, I thought I was going to have to put about $3,000-$4,000 into this POS but it only cost me $1,000. So, I'm satisfied. For now.
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Please keep us posted.

Feel free to contact me privately if you have any questions or concerns.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old August 14th, 2012, 8:07 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default actuators

3 of my 4 door lock actuators failed under warranty.

I'm now out of warranty, but you can be damn sure I won't pay to replace the 4th...

worst $55k i've ever spent GM is ****, flat out ****. I'll never buy another. heck, I'll never even buy 'american' again. all of it's junk.

I haven't had time yet, but I still plan to plaster a huge "GM SUCKS ASK ME WHY" sticker on the back of my Tahoe.

it also appears GMSucks.com is available...
Old February 20th, 2014, 7:59 PM
CF Beginner

Default Try this

I have the answer...go to ebay and they have the front ASSEMBLY, yes, the entire STRUT with spring etc for 135!!!

Heres the link GM Z55 Autoride Replacement Air Shock M 6 | eBay

it saves the LTZ ride, nothing better than that when functioning properly...I'll NEVER buy other than GM, THE BEST!