Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2009 Suburban LTZ factory camera module

Search this Thread

Old January 4th, 2011, 12:33 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ap53
16 Pin connector C4 on the back of the head unit.

Pin 6 Camera Signal #2 + (uvc)
Pin 7 Camera Signal #2 (uvc)
<o>
I’m not sure about Voltage source to the camera.

<o>

d u have any diagram about all connectors ?
I recently bough vss/voice kit (same as on pic above) and it comes with connector for camera as well. So, i found some cheap license plate camera for $18 on eBay. I believe it will work.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Night-Vision-Lic...item43a445dea6

is anybody have experience with that camera ?

thx
</o></o>
Old January 4th, 2011, 12:58 PM
CF Beginner

12v + at Reverse you tap light green wire in the taillight and if you need ignition 12v+ use pink wire in the brown connector at the junction block under the drivers side of the dash.
Read this post it has it all.<O</O
https://chevroletforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22756<O</O

Originally Posted by vrso2
d u have any diagram about all connectors ?
I recently bough vss/voice kit (same as on pic above) and it comes with connector for camera as well. So, i found some cheap license plate camera for $18 on eBay. I believe it will work.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Night-Vision-Lic...item43a445dea6

is anybody have experience with that camera ?

thx
</O></O>
Old January 4th, 2011, 3:18 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by in2pro
I would suspect that the camera is only enabled when the vehicle is in reverse, so finding the signal that tells the camera that would be the place to look and then its a matter of figuring out what signal its looking for and then adding a switch to perform that function at will...
The good news is the lockpick does most of that. With the lockpick, you "intercept" one of the wires at the camera (the blue wire) which I'm assuming is voltage. So all I need to do is connect a wire from the lockpick to the camera and it will all work.

The problem is, I'm not really willing to run a cable from the lockpick all the way to camera. I don't know where the camera gets its power from -- anyone know? If it runs all the way to the front, I can intercept it there.
Old January 4th, 2011, 8:31 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

It may get it from the backup lites.
Old January 5th, 2011, 5:04 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by 73shark
It may get it from the backup lites.
I thought of that, but, I also noticed the camera stays on for several seconds after shifting out of reverse. I'm not sure what the connections are on the factory camera -- but was hoping to figure it out.
Old January 5th, 2011, 5:08 PM
CF Beginner

I just got a 2008 tahoe, it does not have the backup camera. I am looking to get an aftermarket pioneer stereo that has the capability of hooking one up. Can I get the oem camera and mount that, and is there a wire harness already there so all I have to do is plug it in??? or do I have to run a wire all the way from the camera to the stereo? thanks
Old January 5th, 2011, 5:39 PM
CF Beginner

The OEM camera will run you extra $ from GM you should look in to the after market, Their is a great write up post under DIY section.
Old January 6th, 2011, 8:58 AM
CF Beginner

If anyone has a wiring diagram/info on the OEM camera (not the head unit, but the camera itself) for a 2009 suburban, please post! Thanks!
Old January 6th, 2011, 10:11 AM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by bth62
If anyone has a wiring diagram/info on the OEM camera (not the head unit, but the camera itself) for a 2009 suburban, please post! Thanks!
The harnesses are probably the same but there are 2 different listings one for the navigation screen viewer and the one for the rearview mirror viewer....
Old January 6th, 2011, 10:33 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by in2pro
The harnesses are probably the same but there are 2 different listings one for the navigation screen viewer and the one for the rearview mirror viewer....
I haven't cracked it open yet, but coming off the camera are 3 or 4 wires -- do you know what each color is for by any chance? Thanks!

Quick Reply: 2009 Suburban LTZ factory camera module