Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2009 Tahoe air issues

Search this Thread

Old March 19th, 2013 | 2:57 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2009 Tahoe air issues

My sister has a 2009 Tahoe 4.8 L that the air conditioning ubruptly went out in. No noise, no problems up till the other day. It works on no speed setting. I pulled the blower motor and checked it by connecting 12 volts to it and it worked fine. So next I pulled what I have been told is a blower resistance module right next to it. Went to the Chevy house and got a new one and it worked again. Well this morning, no air again. What else could be wrong or be checked. Still have no air on any setting. Thanks a bunch!
Old March 19th, 2013 | 8:17 PM
CF Active Member

There is a NHTSA bulletin on this symptom. It is #10043892, dated 20121101.

It notes that the contacts in the HVAC junction block may be the problem and need to be replaced.

2009 CHEVROLET TAHOE Problems | iSeeCars.com

You may want to speak with your dealership service department about the problem and see what they can do to help you.
Old March 20th, 2013 | 8:40 AM
Official GM Rep

Originally Posted by troywork
My sister has a 2009 Tahoe 4.8 L that the air conditioning ubruptly went out in. No noise, no problems up till the other day. It works on no speed setting. I pulled the blower motor and checked it by connecting 12 volts to it and it worked fine. So next I pulled what I have been told is a blower resistance module right next to it. Went to the Chevy house and got a new one and it worked again. Well this morning, no air again. What else could be wrong or be checked. Still have no air on any setting. Thanks a bunch!
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> troywork,

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue. Would you please PM me your VIN, so I can check my resources for any known issues?

I look forward to your reply.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old March 20th, 2013 | 7:35 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the help and replies. I will have to get the vin number from my sister.
Old October 19th, 2015 | 7:08 AM
CF Beginner

Question 2009 chevy tahoe

Good day, i know this is a long shot but did your sister ever figure out what was wrong with her blower/ac-heat troubles? My 2nd and 3rd row heat blows perfectly but my dash in inoperable. The heat reads as id it is on but nothing comes out of the vents (no defrost, no floor, no vents). HELP!!