Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2009 Tahoe door lock actuator issues

Old November 27th, 2011, 4:01 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 Tahoe door lock actuator issues

My 2009 Tahoe LTZ is a great looking and riding vehicle, I thought that the bugs would be worked out by 2009 but I have 40k miles and I have had peeling decals onn the climate control, Front door lock actuator replaced rear outer door handle pulled apart, Dash Cracked now the rear door actuator is messing up. The quality control on these new vehicles must be non existant It is such a shame that Chevy's are becomming the poster child for poor quality. I have had many chevys with this one being the most expensive and most troublesome.
I hope they can improve quality before we all have to drive Ford or Dodge
Old November 27th, 2011, 4:56 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

ford yeah...get a triton 3 valve engine and see how happy you are when all the spark plugs break off in the cylinder head. They had to make a special removal tool its so common. I'd take a broken lock actuator any day.
Old November 27th, 2011, 7:08 PM
CF Beginner

What type of climate do you live in? Sounds like the interior gets awfully hot.... As for the Ford, I agree with tech2. Avoid them at all costs. Even if I won or was given one, I would immediately sell it. I stopped buying them in the very early 80's. GM ever since. You can fix your problems with the actuator very easily. The only thing I can think of with your peeling problem is heat - lots of it for long periods of time....
Old November 28th, 2011, 4:40 AM
CF Beginner

I live in Florida and yes it does get very hot inside, I have a 2001 SS Camaro with minimal issues and a 2003 Silverado with no issues, However my wifes 2005 Uplander has numerous electrical issues and now my 2009 Tahoe has issue after issue. I know that Car companies design parts for a limited life but my point is this Tahoe is only 3 yrs old and not abused, Cost of ownership is not limited to fuel and Maintenance, repairs will be a big chunk if everything keeps failing.
Old November 28th, 2011, 7:37 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> ozinus,
I am sorry to hear of your frustrations. Could you please PM me the issue(s) you are having with your Tahoe, your name, phone, VIN number and current dealer. I would like to investigate this further for you. I look forward to hearing from you.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old November 28th, 2011, 7:54 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I still hate my 09Tahoe with a passion... my wife's tribute for $40,000 LESS is better put together, with a must better fit/finish. and it's even 4 years older! With 110,000 on it, there are less squeaks/rattles than mine!

The 2012 edge is sharp looking, as is the explorer. Anything past 2006 is past ford's crap era. Shame GM is still stuck in the crap era.

Check out the 2013 Escape, kick your foot under the back and it opens the lift gate. GM wouldn't know innovation if they saw it on a Ford.