Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2009 Tahoe LTZ passenger seat quit working

Search this Thread

Old November 2nd, 2015, 10:34 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 Tahoe LTZ passenger seat quit working

Hi all new to the forums thanks for having me. I'm having an issue with my 2009 Tahoe LTZ the passenger power seat quit working and at the same and at the same time my heated and cooled seats quit working but they still light up on the doors when you push them. Does any one have any suggestions before I bring it in. I checked and replaced the fuse but it didn't seem to matter
Old November 3rd, 2015, 12:43 AM
CF Beginner

160 views and not one suggestion?
Old November 4th, 2015, 9:57 AM
CF Beginner

I used to have a Pontiac Bonneville and what used to happen when the seats stopped working was that there is a rod that connect the motor to the moving mechanism of the seat to adjust it. They were made of some type of wound wire and over time they would break and or unwind and end up needing replacement. You might want to take out the seat and inspect underneath it and see if that's the case. Could be a burnt out motor, fuse, switch, etc.
Old November 4th, 2015, 12:03 PM
CF Beginner

Ill have to check that out i visually inspected underneath and it didnt appear to have a pinched wire but i can attempt to pull the seat. Is there an easy way to do this as the nuts i saw holding the seat down appeared to be a star type one and i don't have the socket for that
Old November 5th, 2015, 10:33 AM
CF Beginner

You can pick up a cheap set at Harbor Freight if you have one by you. I suppose you could grab a flashlight and poke around more under the seat, but removing it will give you better access of course.
Old November 6th, 2015, 12:38 PM
CF Beginner

Ill have to look into that thanks! The seat decided to quit working when it was brought almost all the way back so theres basically no room to work in there I'm guessing the easiest solution will be to take it out and inspect from there