Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old July 29th, 2015, 1:34 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Powertrain Guides
Print Wikipost

2010 LT check engine light on

Search this Thread

Old November 19th, 2012, 6:54 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 2010 LT check engine light on

Hello All, I have a 2010 Tahoe LT, where the check engine light just came on along with the following warning: engine power reduced, stabilitrak, and traction control faults.
Prior to this, my TPMS light was/is flashing, just changed all four wheels, tried to set the new TPMS to the truck, but it didn't work. Once the check engine light came on the idle became very rough,thus producing the reduced power warning, for the pass couple days the truck seems to hesitate during start up, my question; have anyone experienced this issue before and what ultimately was the problem.
Old November 20th, 2012, 12:50 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> vexen1972,

I’m sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue with your Tahoe vehicle. I recommend consulting with a certified technician for additional assistance. They will be able to offer additional information after inspecting the vehicle.

If you need assistance locating a technician near you, please PM me your zip code.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old November 20th, 2012, 2:13 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

vexen1972 Welcome to the forum...

Might want to have the battery and charging system checked, also check the condition of the battery cables, particularly the ground cable....
Old November 20th, 2012, 6:49 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by in2pro
vexen1972 Welcome to the forum...

Might want to have the battery and charging system checked, also check the condition of the battery cables, particularly the ground cable....
you know what, it makes sense now, I had the factory radio replaced and a amp/with subs installed about a week ago..still taking truck to dealership this weekend
Old November 21st, 2012, 7:39 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Please do follow up with what they find or don't find
Old November 24th, 2012, 5:39 PM
CF Beginner

Update:
Just returned from the dealership, the supposed problem was a bad throttle body, replaced( under warranty), light is out. As for the TPMS, for some reason the machine they have cannot read the aftermarket ones I have on the truck...so now I have to get 4 new sensors or remove the 4 that's in the original tires, but that's all the update I have, thanks given to those that gave advice
Old December 30th, 2012, 11:40 AM
CF Beginner

I have a 2010 Equinox with 60K miles. I've had regular maintenance every 3K miles. Just got stranded yesterday because I lost the ability to accelerate while on a one lane road. It then started knocking badly as I tried to pull in a church parking lot. Noticed a chemical smell inside the car. After restarting it a few times it drove a few more blocks but only 10mph. Started to call a tow truck but then it started again normally but light still on. Today same thing all over again so we'll attempt to get it to a repair shop on Monday. Is this a common problem with the 2010 equinox and is it the throttle? Why would this happen at only 60K miles? There are plenty of fluids and oil.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 12:51 PM
Official GM Rep

Originally Posted by jewels402
I have a 2010 Equinox with 60K miles. I've had regular maintenance every 3K miles. Just got stranded yesterday because I lost the ability to accelerate while on a one lane road. It then started knocking badly as I tried to pull in a church parking lot. Noticed a chemical smell inside the car. After restarting it a few times it drove a few more blocks but only 10mph. Started to call a tow truck but then it started again normally but light still on. Today same thing all over again so we'll attempt to get it to a repair shop on Monday. Is this a common problem with the 2010 equinox and is it the throttle? Why would this happen at only 60K miles? There are plenty of fluids and oil.
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> jewels402,

I’m sorry you experienced this issue with your vehicle. Were you able to get this issue resolved?

Please feel free to contact me privately if you have additional questions and need further assistance.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old January 4th, 2013, 12:06 AM
CF Beginner

Default Problem fixed but GM should do more

After being without a car for two days the repair shop said my problem was the wires that are connected to the throttle were kinked and loose. They said that Chevrolet/ GM has a bulletin out regarding this but unfortunately not a recall. His opinion was that since he's seen this happen as well in the Equinox and also since my Equinox is only 2 years old there should be a recall. He said it could happen again and if it does my throttle will need to be replaced.

I'm tellin' ya it was very scary driving in the middle lane on a fast busy highway and slowing down so fast like that. Not enough power to keep it going if you are going uphill which could cause a serious accident.
Old January 4th, 2013, 2:17 PM
Official GM Rep

Originally Posted by jewels402
After being without a car for two days the repair shop said my problem was the wires that are connected to the throttle were kinked and loose. They said that Chevrolet/ GM has a bulletin out regarding this but unfortunately not a recall. His opinion was that since he's seen this happen as well in the Equinox and also since my Equinox is only 2 years old there should be a recall. He said it could happen again and if it does my throttle will need to be replaced.

I'm tellin' ya it was very scary driving in the middle lane on a fast busy highway and slowing down so fast like that. Not enough power to keep it going if you are going uphill which could cause a serious accident.
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> jewels402,

Thank you for the update. I would be happy to create a case for you regarding this issue, so that everything will be documented, if this issue should occur again.

If you would like me to proceed, please PM me the following information: your full name, address, phone number, vehicle mileage, VIN and the name and city of your dealer.

I look forward to your reply.

Louis
GM Customer Service

Quick Reply: 2010 LT check engine light on