Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2010 Suburban LTZ touch screen went blank

Search this Thread

Old August 12th, 2014, 3:43 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Suburban LTZ touch screen went blank

I hope someone here can help. As the title said my touch screen stopped working. I pushed the hard menu button and the touch screen went blank and won't come back on. The radio works, all the hard buttons appear to work like the seek buttons, the steering wheel buttons work to control radio but there is no picture on the touch screen. Also the reverse camera doesn't show a Picture when in reverse, the audio tones play when backing but no picture. I've tried turning off And on the car, checked the fuses pushed all the hard buttons all with no luck. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions ?
Old August 12th, 2014, 4:50 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Disconnect the battery for 10 minutes, then reconnect it. See if that resets the system. Kinda like doing a reboot of a computer.

There is a menu option to turn the display off, but hitting any of the buttons brings it back on, at least on my 08.
Old August 12th, 2014, 5:50 PM
CF Beginner

I'll give that a try when I get home. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll post results after I've tried it.
Old August 12th, 2014, 8:35 PM
CF Beginner

No luck. Disconnected battery for 15 mins reconnected it up and it's the same. Worth a shot though.
Old August 13th, 2014, 1:19 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Can you tell if the screen is backlit any or is it completely off? You may want to try and re-seat the connections behind the radio. Its not too difficult to get the trim around the radio off. I used a flathead screwdriver to pop out the trim, there might be about 6-9 clips that just pop out with a tad bit of force, then there are screws to get the radio out. I would just check all the connections to the radio, maybe something just got loose. Good luck!
Old July 27th, 2017, 7:31 AM
CF Beginner

My 07 malibu just did the same thing. Though I can see a cd at the bottom when a cd is playing and something at the bottom right so it's just the main display that is out