Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2011 Chevrolet Avalanche

Search this Thread

Old May 29th, 2018, 12:19 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Chevrolet Avalanche

Upper Dash cracked on driver side hump and passenger side by the airbag. Is there a recall on these. Is the dealers fixing these at a low to nothing cost this is dangerous due to the vibration could cause the airbag to deploy.
Old May 29th, 2018, 12:24 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2011 Chevy Avalanche and the Upper Dash is cracked by the Hump and by the passenger side by the air bag there is a lot of vibration and this could cause the airbag to deploy is there a recall on this I have seen there are a lot of people that are having this issue with the vehicle. This is a high dollar vehicle and shouldn't have this issue we were going to fix it our self but that could cause the airbag to deploy. Please advise ASAP if the dealership will do anything for this issue.
Old May 29th, 2018, 1:03 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

There is zero chance of the dealer replacing your dash because it's not even covered by an extended warranty as I found out on mine. It's doubtful that vibration will cause the airbag to deploy since it's electrically initiated. There are YouTube videos showing how to replace the dash and after watching one of them, I found that it was probably not as complicated as I had envisioned.